The Bengal Beat
Don't Miss a Beat (10/31/2021)
Good afternoon Beaumont Families:
What a FUN week! Thank you to our amazing Beaumont community for donating almost $800 in our coin drive to ensure that EVERY child at Beaumont was able to purchase a book from the Scholastic Book Fair. This is AMAZING! Thank you Bonnie Pawloske for organizing this fundraiser and event.
I know many of you have been wondering about school pictures. We are waiting on a delivery date from the photography studio. We will let you know as soon as we can about the date of delivery.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER OUR PARKING LOT THROUGH THE EXIT DRIVE. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe and our parking lot has a specific entrance and exit drive to ensure safety. We try to move carpool along as quickly as possible, but entering through the wrong drive puts everyone at risk. Please be patient and help keep our kids and staff safe.
We are in need of new or gently used pants for girls sizes 5-6 and 7-8. We also need new socks and underwear for accidents and playground mishaps. If you want to donate any of these items, please feel free to drop off in the main office.
As weather gets colder and muddier, please make sure that students have the appropriate clothing to play outside. This includes coat, snow pants, hat, mittens or gloves, and boots. Sending your student with an extra set of clothes in all grade levels is helpful in case they get wet or muddy. If your child is in need of any of these items, please contact me at Guizzl01@wsdmi.org and we will make sure that they have what they need.
Tuesday (11/2): No school for students. This is a PD day for teachers.
Friday (11/5): Half Day for students. This is a records day for teachers.
Check out the Beaumont PTO Facebook page to see pictures of the Trunk or Treat 2021!
Please see below for WSD COVID 19 Protocols.
Congratulations to our Third Grade Readers!
Important Upcoming Dates
November 2nd: No School for Students
November 5th: Half Day for Students
November 17th: Turkey Trot
November 24th: No school for Students
November 25th-26th: Thanksgiving Break
December 22nd-January 2nd: Winter Break
January 17th: No School for Students and Teachers
February 17th: Half Day
February 18th-22nd: February Break
March 9th: Half Day for Students
March 25th: Half Day
March 25th-April 1st: Spring Break
Free Breakfast and lunch for 2021-2022
Under the National School Lunch Act, 42 USC 1761(a)(8), Waterford Public Schools food authorities will provide breakfast and lunch at no cost, through the SSO ( Seamless Summer Option)
Allowing school food authorities to participate under SSO during COVID–19 operations during the regular school year facilitates the safe provision of meals by eliminating the need to collect meal payments, including cash payments, at meal sites. This speeds up service of meals, thereby reducing contact and potential exposure to COVID–19. It also facilitates implementation of the Oakland County Health Department and Prevention recommendations for safe school meal service, which include serving meals outdoors or in classrooms.
If there’s any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Food and Nutrition Director
Waterford Public Schools
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Please be patient and kind in the carpool line :)
Please do not drop students off early. Doors will open at 8:35 and students will go directly to their classrooms.
Students stay in the car until the car pulls into the unloading zone of their assigned door. If multiple students, please stop at each assigned door.
Several staff members will be outside assisting students and helping to direct cars.
Parents need to stay in the vehicle at ALL times.
If parent needs to exit the vehicle for any reason, please park your vehicle in the lot so the carpool line moves as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
Remember, at this time, parents are not allowed in the building.
Walkers cannot arrive before 8:35 AM
Students will enter the school through the assigned door for their teacher.
If students arrive early, they must wait in line (socially distanced if needed) until 8:35 AM
Students will not be marked tardy while staff is on duty working this system. Once we all enter the building (8:45 AM) students will need to use the main entrance buzzer to enter the building and sign in. At that time, they will be considered tardy.
If you have the following teachers, you will drop off at Door #4
- Miss. Berklich (K)
- Mrs. Elton (K)
- Ms. Engel (1st)
- Mrs. Thompson (1st)
If you have the following teachers, you will drop off at Door #6
- Mrs. Hornbacher (2nd)
- Mrs. Isgrigg (2nd)
- Mrs. McGrath (2nd)
- Mrs. Brokaw (3rd)
- Miss. Schafer (4th)
- Ms. Robertoy (4th)
If you have the following teachers, you will drop off at Door #7
- Ms. Reyburn (3rd)
- Mrs. Thorell (5th)
- Mrs. Nuckolls (5th)
- Miss. Molina (TC)
- Mr. Barron (TC)
Buses will arrive to the bus loop
One bus will unload at a time.
Students will enter through the media center door (Door # 2) and then walk directly to their classroom.
Staff will be available to assist students outside and inside the building.
END OF DAY PROCEDURES
Will leave at 3:55 PM
Bussers will stay in a grade level classroom with a supervising adult until their bus arrives at the school.
When bus arrives, an announcement will be made and bussers will line up and walk to the bus. There will be supervising adults in the hallways, at the bus loop and assisting younger students to the bus.
Remember, cell phones are not allowed to be used at this time.
Car Pick Up:
Parents must stay in their vehicle
Parents will get a school-made sign to put in their passenger side windshield with student name, teacher name and grade printed on it. These will be passed out the first day of school or at Meet and Greet. Each family will get two signs.
A staff member at carpool entrance (near main entrance) will have radios to communicate to have students ready at the same door as drop off - see above. If you have multiple students, please make sure all signs are visible.
This process may take longer at the beginning of the year as teachers are getting to know and recognize parents and vehicles. Please have picture ID readily available if needed.
School Hour Times
Start Time – 8:45 AM Drop off is NOT allowed before 8:35 AM
Full-Day Dismissal – 3:57 PM
Thursday Dismissal- 2:57 PM
Half-Day Dismissal – 11:57 AM
Important Links for Beaumont Families:
* There has been many students in the last month that have brought various toys to school. Although we tried to allow this at recess time only, it has begun to be a problem on the playground. Students are trading items, losing items, conflicts are arising, etc. Starting on Monday, we are asking the toys are not sent to school. Students will not be allowed to bring or play with toys at school. This includes bop-its, stuffed animals, various fidgets. If you are unsure if a child can bring a certain item to school, please check with your classroom teacher before sending.
* Netflix has recently released a show called the "Squid Game." This is a violent series that plays off of childhood games such as red light, green light. Students have been mimicking this game at school which is highly inappropriate. Please monitor the shows that your child is watching and have a discussion with them about appropriate play behaviors at school. Many groups of students have already had a discussion with either Mrs. Walsh or their classroom teacher. Thank you for partnering with us and continuing these conversations at home.
* We have had an increased use of cell phones at school. In our district Code of Conduct it states that students may possess cell phones on school property but that all cell phones must be turned off and stored out of sight during school hours. At Beaumont, cell phones must stay in backpacks at all times. This includes, lunch and recess and waiting for bus or parent pickup after school. Unauthorized cell phone use at school can and will result in device confiscation and the device will be returned to the parent only.
* Mark your calendar! The PTO is also hosting the Turkey Trot this year during school on Nov. 17th. More information will be coming your way soon on how you can help the PTO raise funds by sponsoring students on their run. We are looking forward to this fun event!
* Please stay in your cars when you are dropping off or picking up your students. It is for the safety of our students and staff to have the least amount of foot traffic in the parking lot as possible.
* Make two lanes in carpool and pull as far forward as possible. We will walk your student to your car.
* Be kind to our staff working the carpool line. They are there to make sure that you get in and out of the parking lot as quickly and as safely as possible.
* All lower elementary students should have a change of clothes to keep in their locker including an extra pair of socks and under garments. It is also helpful to have older children to have a change of clothes for days that they may get dirty or forget that it is their PE day.
Please note that there has been updated guidance from the CDC. As a result, masks will be required for all staff, families and students. The letter from Superintendent Lindberg is located below. I appreciate all of the support and patience from our Beaumont Community. Our main goal is to remain in in-person instruction this year. Thank you for helping us during these difficult and stressful times.