The Husky Herald Community Edition
November 16-20, 2020
PEEK AT THE WEEK
Reminders and Upcoming Events
Mental Health Resources
- “Let’s Beat COVID-19” has four components: a free mental health helpline open seven (7) days a week, 1 PM – 11 PM with certified bilingual counselors; educational and resource toolkits for parents and guardians; virtual training and COVID-19 coping sessions for parents and students, and student educational activities. https://houston-beatcovid.com/
- The Coping with COVID program, a collaboration between Baylor College of Medicine and Harris Health System, provides free parent-led cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for children in Texas who are experiencing stress and anxiety related to the COVID-19 pandemic. 6 weekly 60-minute therapy sessions are delivered by therapists through Zoom. No in-person visits are required.
Do you like learning about new cultures and visiting new places?
1. 2021 New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. (open to Current 8th Graders)
2. 2021 Japan (open to all grades, former students, families, and friends)
3. 2022 New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. (open to Current 7th Graders)
4. 2022 Athens and the Greek Islands (open to all grades and former students, families, and friends)
Contact Ms. Alderete (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.