Richard Trenton Chase
"The Vampire Killer of Sacramento"
About Richard Trenton Chase
- Born on May 23, 1950 in Sacramento, California
- As a child he was known to wet the bed, set fires, and torture animals
- Parents divorced and fathered remarried
- When he became older, he started to drink and use drugs
- In and out of mental institutions
- He developed Hypochondria from his usage of drugs and thought his blood was turning to powder so the only way he can get better is by fresh blood
- When he was 21 he had no social life and spent his time capturing animals and eating them raw
- In 1976, he was hospitalized for blood poisoning after injecting a rabbits blood in his veins
- 1977, he shot and killed his first victim, Ambrose Griffin because he was frustrated that his mother would not let him come home for Christmas
- Terry Wallin was his second victim who was 22 years old and pregnant with David Wallin's baby. She was dissembled and drained of her blood
- Chase drank her blood
- 36 year old Evelyn Miroth, 6 year old son Jason, 52 year old Daniel Meredith, and 22 month old Michael Ferrieira were his next victims.
- Motive was finding doors that were unlocked
- Police found blood-stained rags and a blender with bloody residue, a .22-caliber pistol, and dishes with human brain and body parts in the fridge left. Also, Meredith's wallet.
- Richard Chase resided within a mile of his murders
- Was able to go to trial
- Found guilty on all six murders. First degree murder.
- Committed suicide (overdosed) December 1980 in Vacaville, United States
"The Vampire of Sacramento"
Richard Chase was "The Vampire of Sacramento" because he killed animals and people and drank their blood.
Richard Chase in Jail
Richard Chase pleaded not guilty because of his insanity but at the time he was sane so he was found guilty in all six murders and was convicted.
He had many mental illnesses like, Hypochondria, Necrophilia, Cannibalism, and Mutilation.