The Jaguar Journal
Volume 1 | Issue 9
Dear SFX Family,
I hope your week is off to a good start! Thank you for your continued prayers for Deacon Jack and Ellie Sue. I know that our wonderful community will cover them in prayers!
Yesterday was the start of the 2nd Quarter. Report Cards for the 1st Quarter will be sent home and posted on Gradelink tomorrow. Please take the time to review your child's report card with them and set goals for this quarter. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's teacher(s).
After much consideration and input from various stakeholders, we have decided to wait to participate in Middle School Sports in an effort to maintain the health and safety of all members of our community. We will re-evaluate starting in January along with several other schools.
Thank you to all who completed the Walker/Bike Rider survey. We will be emailing information and instructions this week to those families who live within the 1-mile radius.
Please take a few minutes to read through the information in this week's newsletter. Have a great rest of the week!
May God bless you and keep you,
Jessica A. Dwyer, M.Ed.
Click here for the October cafeteria menus.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- October 14 - 1st Quarter Report Cards Sent Home
- October 15 - Men's Club Meeting, 6:30 PM
- October 16 - Rosary, Grs. 1-3 (students & teachers only); Prayer Service, PK4-K
- October 23 - Mass, Grs. 4-7 (students & teachers only)
- October 24 - Trunk-or-Treat, 6:30-9:30 PM by time slot
- October 29 - Halloween Costume Day
- October 30 - All Saints Day Celebration - Dress as a Saint; Masses
*The revised calendar at a glance can be found on the School News Page of Gradelink or downloaded below.
NOTE: The most up-to-date information is on the school Google calendar.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24th
- CANDY DRIVE THIS WEEK - Please donate CANDY to the Candy Drive! The homeroom that sends in the most bags of candy beginning October 12th and ending October 16th wins a PIZZA PARTY! PLEASE LABEL CANDY with HOMEROOM (ex: PK3S, 3T, 7A).
- There are still slots available, including trunks! This awesome event CANNOT happen if we don't have trunks! Remember, if you have a trunk, you get to attend the event ALL NIGHT!
- Contact Brigette Starr with questions. Here's the flier for additional details.
Halloween Costume Day
- Students may not bring any weapon-like accessories to school.
- Students may not wear any gory, scary, or violent costumes - Please be thoughtful in your choices remembering that we have students as young as 2 years old on campus.
- We request that our students do not wear political costumes to school.
- All students must still wear their face mask to school with their costume.
- Students should not wear any costume that would obstruct their view in class or that of others.