Linden Leopard Growl
Here at Linden we are ONE! --- January 22, 2020 Edition
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- Thursday, January 23rd: LHSA General Membership Meeting @ 7:30 PM
- Friday, January 17th: ONE - Diversity is Strength! Shirt Day
- Friday, January 24th: Tooth Tales Show - 2nd Grade
- Friday, January 24th: Family Game Night with Busy Bee Toys @ Linden MPR
- Sunday, January 26th: Rescheduled 6th Grade Social Event at Bear Creek - 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Monday, January 27th - Winter Clubs Begin
- Friday, January 31st: Football Friday - Support your Favorite Team
- Tuesday, February, 4th: 5th Grade NOVA Presentation @ 9:45 AM
- Friday, February 7th: ONE Shirt Day
- Friday, February 7th: RLS Field Trip to McCarter Theater
- Monday, February 10th: Illustrator Floyd Cooper Assembly @ 9:15 AM
- Wednesday, February 12th: 3rd Grade Walking Trip to Michener Museum @ 1:00 PM
- Thursday, February 13th: Valentine's Day Observed
- Friday, February 14th: No School For Students
- Monday, February 17th: Presidents' Day - No School
- Tuesday, February 18th: 6th Grade Parents Middle School Orientation @ 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 19th: Girl & Grown Up Book Club @ 6:00 PM
- Friday, February 21st: Linden Gear/Competition Day
- Friday, February 21st: Family Bingo Night 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, February 24th: Weather Drill @ 2:00 PM
- Saturday, February 29th: 6th Grade Social Club Movies @ The County Theatre
Winter Clubs Begin Monday, January 27th - See Schedule Below!
Monday: 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/24, 3/2: No Class 2/17
- Earth Day
Tuesday: 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/3:
- Paint & Pottery
Wednesday: 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/4
Thursday: 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/5
- Paint & Pottery
Friday: 1/31, 2/7, 2/21, 2/28, 3/6 - No Class 2/14
- Science Explorers
- Doylestown Rock Gym
***ATTN PARENTS: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH ANY WINTER CLUB OR WITH DISMISSAL PLEASE CONTACT REBEKAH MASSEY AT email@example.com OR JILL WALTON AT firstname.lastname@example.org. In particular, volunteers are needed on MONDAYS. THANKS FOR CONSIDERING!
Girl Leadership Book Club
The Girls Leadership Girl & Grown-up Book Club for 2nd through 6th graders is a fun way to connect with your girl and the Linden community. The books selected by Girls Leadership encourage girls to practice leadership skills like communication, facilitation, and healthy risk taking in the context of a fun book club. Check out www.girlsleadership.org for more details. Dr. Graziosi-Hibbs and Dr. McIntyre, will be facilitating this program. Please e-mail Dr. Graz at email@example.com with more questions or sign up by clicking here.
Please Click on the above banner for the order form.
Third grade making arrays to help conceptualize single digit multiplication.
Vision, Height and Weight screenings have been completed for most students. All students are checked for near and distance vision. Students in grades K and 1 are also screened for color vision and depth perception. Students in grades K-3 also have their hearing tested. If there was a problem with your child’s visual acuity or hearing you would have been contacted by me via phone or email. Otherwise, you may assume that your child passed.
We no longer send out letters detailing your child’s measurements and BMI calculation. Instead, you may view this information on the Parent Portal Site.
If you do not have access to Parent Portal, you will receive a letter in the mail about your child’s measurements.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Certified School Nurse
A Fun Linden Spirit Night at Panera
January's Boomerang Asset
January Boomerang Award Asset: Equality and Justice
The Boomerang Youth Recognition Award is a district-wide monthly program which recognizes and honors youth in our community for exemplifying one of the chosen Developmental Assets for the school year. The month of January is Asset#27- Equality and Justice- Young person places a high value on promoting equality and reducing hunger and poverty.
6th Grade Parents Middle School Orientation
Linden Student Art Work on Display at Celebration of Our Schools
Linden student artwork has been selected to be displayed at the
Central Bucks Student Celebration of Our Schools event!
Congratulations! Way to Make us Proud!!
Pictured are: Beatrix Handy, Sophia Leone, Catherine Ramamurthy, and Jocelyn Jones. Not pictured are: Cooper Schea and Jack Dickinson
Family Game Night
Back by popular demand!
Bring your families to Linden for a free night of playing games with Busy Bee Toys on Friday,
January 24th, at 6:30 PM.
There will be fun and interactive games for all ages so siblings are welcome. Hope to see you there!
We will have a basket at the front door to collect voluntary cash donations to give local kids in need the joy of toys.
BOX TOP COLLECTION CONTEST!
Click the above button for a copy of the flyer and permission slip
Volunteers for the School Store needed!
Thank you to those who have volunteered and have worked the school store!
As a reminder, the school store is opened every Friday morning from 8:45-9:05AM. It is run by 6th grader(s) and his/her parent(s). There are still open slots from mid-January until the end of the school year. Take a look at the SignUp Genius below and see if you can lend a hand!
CB SPORTS CLINICS
Children's Workshop Theatre
The CB East Patriot Players are once again hosting our Children's Theatre Workshop on Saturday, February 22, 2020. It is a fantastic theatrical exploration day for the elementary school kids run by the Patriot Player high school students! All proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I have attached a registration form and would greatly appreciate it if you could share the information with your school community. Registration forms are due Feb. 1. Parents can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions!