Dance Practice this Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday!! The dance is below...start practicing!
We are almost there my friends!! 9 more days of school!!
- You will find an End of the Year Checklist in your box by the end of the day. Please complete this form and leave it with Crystal or Melba, prior to leaving for the summer.
- Our lost and found is WAY TOO FULL, please take a moment next week to walk your class down and have your students look for their personal items. Thank you!
- I will be writing a grant for items for our makerspace. If there are items you would like for use with PBL/makerspace projects, please send them my way so I can include them on my grant.
- Next Tuesday is our Teacher Appreciation Dinner @ Aviary @ 4:30 p.m. I hope to see you all there!
- Don't forget to celebrate Nurse Pam on Wednesday!
- Celebration Assembly is Thursday at 9:30 a.m. (I think a flyer that went home said it was at 10:00 a.m.). Please make sure your families are aware of the time, thank you!
- Because EVERYONE deserves the spotlight at Sequiota, we have several spotlights this week & next since there will only be one more memo!
Jennifer wears many hats! Jennifer keeps kiddo's safe in the morning, at lunch, dismissal and also teaches them how to type, tests all students and does just about anything else necessary! Thank you Jennifer for keeping our Indians safe and teaching us how to use technology!
Katie moved to 3rd grade this year and you would never know it! Katie jumped in and has done a fabulous job of figuring out what works and has done a great job meeting all of her students needs this year! Katie is also collaborative and an outside the box thinker! Thank you Katie for making us all better at Sequiota every day!
Sara moved from 3rd to 1st and worked hard to adjust to teaching a lower grade level. Sara has done a great job of collaborating with her 1st grade team, while taking and sharing ideas for her students. Sara has worked in education for many years and has earned a restful, happy, fun retirement! Best of luck on the open road ahead of you Sara! Thank you for your service!
Mandy is organized and truly cares about her students. Mandy communicates often with parents and is always available when needed by students or parents. Mandy represents Sequiota at Open Forum and has filled in for me when I'm out of the building. Thank you for caring about each and every student!
Stacey joined the Sequiota and Disney team this year! Stacey is organized, efficient, a team player and makes every effort to build relationships with all her students. Stacey is a problem solver and we are lucky to have her at Sequiota! Thank you Stacey for working so hard at both buildings!
Coach hill loves her students, is flexible and willing to do whatever she is asked. Coach Hill makes sure that every student in her class is having FUN in P.E. and learning something as well. All students love Coach Hill and love that she makes P.E. fun with Music & Dancing! Thank you Eafton for all to bring to the tribe!
The Last Chapter of Todd Whitaker...
As we finish out the school year, take a moment to think about what your STRONG CORE BELIEFS in your classroom are. Todd Whitaker shares his own, but every teacher has their own core beliefs. Here are some that Whitaker shares:
- Make it cool to care...those students who don't care about writing but they write because they care about you and pleasing you. You have make it "cool to care".
- It is obvious when teachers have created an environment in which it is "cool to care". Their students care about the teacher, their school, learning and each other.
- "When a teachers sensitivity to students increases, so does the opportunity to reach them."
- "Great teachers impact others in more ways than they can ever know. The legacies we build last far beyond our years."
- "No matter what others want us to do, we must focus on what is right for our students."
- "The teacher is the filter for what happens in the classroom."
- "The quality of the teachers determines the quality of the school."
- "Every person should be treated, and treat each other with dignity and respect every day."
- "Every teacher has an impact, GREAT teachers make a difference."
Please use this form to provide feedback. You can fill this form out at any time!