Excellence In All We Do.
August 13, 2021
We are so glad to have all of our students back on campus. It has been fun start to our school year!
Cross Country putting in the miles!
Thank you to Northlake Church for providing our teachers with breakfast on the first day of school!
Want to know more about Canvas?
Check out our district Canvas website to learn more and set up a parent account.
Dear Viking Families,
We are excited to welcome all of our students back to campus on August 12th. With school beginning in a little over a week, we know our families are eager to learn more about our health and safety protocols for the upcoming school year. Rest assured that our team has worked diligently over the past few weeks to develop our plan to safely re-engage all learners this coming year. We understand that the key to returning to successful, sustained in-person instruction will be our commitment to upholding the health and safety guidelines for students and staff.
Later this week, the Texas Education Agency will be releasing guidance that may impact our COVID-19 operational protocols. As such, we will wait to release our finalized plan until after we have received and reviewed this forthcoming guidance. That said, there are a few items about which we are certain:
- In-person instruction for all students will resume on Thursday, August 12, 2021. There are no plans to offer virtual learning in Lago Vista ISD.
- Anyone entering any building in Lago Vista ISD will be asked to self-screen prior to entry.
- Per Governor Abbott’s order effective June 4, 2021 and his updated order on July 29, 2021, face coverings will not be required for staff, students, or visitors. Schools are required to comply with the governor’s executive orders regarding the wearing of face coverings. We will support any individual who chooses to wear a mask, if desired, and disposable masks will be made available upon request. Campuses will work to ensure that no individual is treated differently as a result of the choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
- Per Governor Abbott's order, Lago Vista ISD may not require students or staff to get vaccinated. At this time, the State of Texas has not added the COVID-19 vaccination to the required immunization list for students. However, Lago Vista ISD may ask students and staff to voluntarily report vaccination status to help us better determine whether or not an individual will be recommended to quarantine in the event of a close contact.
- The face-to-face instructional setting will include maximized physical distancing, to the extent possible, and other appropriate health protocols for all settings, including District transportation.
- Limits will be placed on visitors during the day when students are present. During school hours, non-essential visitors will not be permitted to enter areas of the building where students are present. Parents will be invited to attend in-person meetings and events after school hours when students are not present on campus or during the school day by appointment.
We anticipate that the TEA guidance will be released later this week. As such, we will release our plans as soon as possible after this guidance is issued to ensure that our protocols meet all requirements.
As it has always been, the health and safety of our staff and students remain our highest priority. We look forward to an excellent year of teaching and learning in the Viking Nation!
Bus Assignments and Routes
You will need your student's ID number to access their route. If you do not know their ID number please call the high school at 512-267-8300 ext. 5500.
Want to check grades? Visit http://www.lagovistaisd.net/page/dis.parentinfo for directions.
Want to add money to your child's lunch account? Visit http://www.lagovistaisd.net/page/dis.parentinfo for directions.
Want to check out the student code of conduct and handbook? Visit http://www.lagovistaisd.net/page/Publications.
Who should I talk to about...
Immunizations, illnesses, medications: Our nurse Kat_Azevedo@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5506
Registration and Transcripts: Our registrar, Tyra_Becker@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5503
Student Emotional Support, College Readiness, Student Schedules: Our Counselor, Lara_Clark@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5504
Career and Tech Readiness: Our CTE Counselor, Elanna_Hylander@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5510
Student Discipline, Ideas for School Improvement: Our Principal, Stu_Taylor@lagovista.txed.net, Dean of Instruction, Missy_Howard@lagovista.txed.net, or Assistant Principal, David_Hilsenteger@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5500
The mission of Lago Vista High School is to use the four years allotted to teach, motivate, and challenge each student to rise to the highest level of academic excellence possible in a premiere learning environment. We are committed to sending into the world individuals who use problem-solving skills to impact their community in a responsible manner.