Math Time Fun
Making connections while reading helps us to understand our books. This week we will focus on text- to-self connections (relating books to our lives.) We will focus on the letter sounds sh, th, ch, and tch during our word building activities this week.
Please continue to practice the sight word lists coming home in the homework pocket of the TEAM book, as well as the fluency passage.
We will continue to use the "counting on" strategy as a way to add. We will also take a closer look at doubles and doubles plus 1.
- October 10 & 11 - School closed for Fall Break
- October 18 - Deadline for Box Tops
- October 20 - McWane Center
- November 5 - Fall Festival
- Please send in map supplies. We are in need of 4 thick poster boards to complete this project.
- Paine will be putting on a Fall Festival on Saturday, November 5. Our class is in charge of gathering items to put together a basket that will be auctioned off at the festival. The theme for our basket is "Arts and Crafts." Please be on the look out for more information about this project and event.
Trussville City Schools
Educators, staff, parents, and the community will work together to help students move forward on a positive path toward college and career readiness.
The Mission of Trussville City Schools is to educate all students using high standards in a safe, nurturing environment fostering academic and career competencies that prepare them to be productive citizens.