December 6, 2020
From the Principal
The first 5 days of 25 days of scheduled virtual learning are complete. The emphasis with students continues to be on the importance of staying connected with school every day, on both live instruction and application days. The pandemic will pass, and RP students cannot afford to put their education or their future on hold in the meantime. School may not be the "same" from home, but it is at least as important as it has ever been in trying to prepare students for their success long after Covid has passed.
Parents are encouraged to stay on top of their students' virtual learning, and MSD Warren has a number of ways to assist.
If you have any technology needs, you can access one of the following supports:
Technology Help Desk at Moorhead Community Resource Center from 10:00am-2:00pm, Monday - Friday. iPad concerns should be directed here.
Raymond Park IMS, entrance #1, during school hours (8:30am-4:00pm).
Chromedesk at the High School during 1st and 2nd period.
Submit a help ticket through IncidentIQ by clicking on Technology under the Explore Tab and then select Parent Tech Info.
If you have any academic needs, you can access the following supports:
Contact your child's teacher(s) for support. Teacher contact information is available on the RP website under the Explore Tab, then select STAFF.
Contact your child's school counselor or administrator. Contact information is available at the bottom of this newsletter.
Visit our district website's transition to virtual learning page for more information and resources.
If you have other needs beyond what is being provided, you can access of the following resources:
Contact your child’s counselor or administrator. Contact information is available at the bottom of this newsletter.
Share your request through the district's outreach hotline at 317-608-0545 or email at MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us.
Visit Warren's Moorhead Community Resource Center. Monday / Wednesday / Friday - 8:00am - 4:00pm or Tuesday / Thursday - 8:00am - 8:00pm.
Food distribution will continue on Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:00 - 6:00 PM at Warren Central High School, Creston/Raymond Park/Stonybrook Intermediate Middle Schools, and Moorhead Community Resource Center. Food is available for all children 18 or younger. Children do not need to be present. If you are picking up multiple meals, you are encouraged to bring a bag or box.
2020 continues to be a year of unprecedented events - but it is almost over! In the meantime, we are continuing through a holiday season within which students will be taught virtually, and health officials continue to warn against holiday gatherings. A season where fellowship with family and friends typically brings about joy is now threatened by potential feelings of loneliness due to restricted travel and social distancing. Please be safe in the weeks ahead, be intentional about checking in with family and friends, reinforce the importance of our Ranger students remaining engaged in school each day, and don't hesitate to reach out to RP with needs and concerns.
Proud to be a Ranger,
5th through 8th Grade District Swimming & Diving Callout Meeting
5th through 8th Grade District Swimming & Diving Callout Meeting-
December 16th at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom:
National PTA School of Excellence Application
Our RPIMS PTSA is applying for the National PTA School of Excellence program. They are Step 5: Building Our Team: Brainstorming Sessions of the application process. This week we are going to schedule brainstorming sessions to start to implement our plan to host 5 zoom sessions discussing the following topics. Please join us using the Zoom links below.
* Topic A: ParentVUE/StudentVUE/Canvas - Amy Piskoty, and Robin Calmes
December 1st @ 10:15 am
* Topic B: Classroom Software Applications- Leondra Radford, Jennie Wenning, Karen Cheek and Tonia Turner
December 1st @ 5 pm
* Topic C: Internet Safety— Accessing Inappropriate Websites- Bill Halpin and Christyn Winkle
December 3rd @ 4:15 pm
* Topic D: Internet Safety—Bullying—Jina Simmons and Kathryn Basham
December 1st @ 4:30 pm
* Topic E: Impact of Social Distancing on Our Students—Katie Piatt and Diane Simon
RP Athletic Safety Guidelines
Guidelines for Winter Events at Raymond Park (revised 11/16/20)
- Admission will be limited to parents and guardians only.
- Tickets will go on sale on site 45 minutes before the start time of the event.
- No admittance will be permitted after halftime of the 8th grade game.
- Tickets will be $5 per person, cash only.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED for all spectators.
- Face coverings are recommended for all coaches and players while on the bench.
- Locker rooms and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Storage totes will be available for players to keep their masks in while playing.
- Players must bring their own water bottles.
- Families may sit together but must use 6 feet of social distancing from other family units.
- Avoid congregating near concessions and bathrooms.
- Concessions will be provided utilizing guidelines from the ISDH and MCPHD.
**Please note, all guidelines listed above follow the direction provided by the MCPHD, IHSAA, and NFHS**
2020-2021 RPI&MS Car rider procedures
Raymond Park PTSA
RP PTSA membership signups will be accepted ONLY through our online square website.
To join, please click on the PTA button below or go to raymond-park-ptsa.square.site and select the membership option that works for you.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - 5th Grade Dean
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 6th Grade Counselor
Ms. Amy Piskoty - 7th Grade Dean
Ms. Katie Piatt - 7th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin -8th Grade Dean
Mrs. Irish Parish -8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse