STEAM Weekly Newsletter
Week of 26 October 2020
Monday, October 26
- Wear Red to Kick off Drug Free Week
Tuesday, October 27
- "Too Bright for Drugs" - Wear Neon or Bright Colors
Wednesday, October 28
- "Too Smart for Drugs" - Nerd Day
Thursday, October 29
- "Dynamic Duo (or Trio)" - Team up against drugs
Friday, October 30
- Say "Boo" to Drugs - Halloween Costumes (no masks!)
It’s Fall Y’all! I would like to thank all of our STEAM families for their continual support as we continue to navigate through this school year. It brings me great joy to see both in person, and virtual students laughing and taking part in the creative learning environment here at STEAM.
Here are a few items that would help us in making sure that your child is prepared for school each day:
- Please make sure your STEAM student is present to school (both virtually and face to face) each day before 8:15am.
- Make sure your student comes to school with a fully charged laptop each day.
- Please make sure your student has a face mask each day.
I would like for you to know that your feedback is very important to me. Below I have included a form for you to ask questions or share any concerns with me.
Forward ever, Backwards never,
Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action.
Here are some sample videos of BISD IGNITE presentations that may be of interest:
Grade level 5 (https://youtu.be/X7PQ37YZfLk)
SSEP Space Night - November 10
Did you know parents can set up Schoology notifications to their child's Courses? Here's how.
Schoology is the landing site for all of your students classes. From here you can contact your child's teachers, see up to date work schedules, etc. Please click here to view instructions to set up your parent account.
A few reminders:
Please be sure that students abiding by the following dress code.
- Shorts are fingertip or longer
- Distressed/holey jeans must be at the fingertip or below.
- No spandex/yoga/legging type pants
- If a student wears a hoodie, they are not allowed to wear the hood in the building.
- If the guidelines are not followed, students will be required to contact their parents to bring a change of clothes.
- Detention may be given if the offense is repeated
Masks are required from the time you arrive on campus until the time you leave campus.
No face shields are allowed per Epidemiologist.
Click here for specific guidelines.
There will be no visitors on campus at this time. Please have your child plan and prepare the night before to ensure they have all items they will need for the day. Many parents have been bringing forgotten phones, trust cards, Chromebooks, water bottles, lunch boxes, etc. Also, parents are not allowed to drop off food/drinks from restaurants. We will only be able to receive essential items per COVID-19 guidelines.