UGA Career Center
College of Education Newsletter | 11.17.14
Whitney Prescott, College of Education Career Consultant
Call for an appointment: (706) 542-3375
Satellite Hours: Tuesdays 3:00 - 5:00 PM in Aderhold 126E *no appointment needed
General Career Center Walk-In Hours: M-F, 12:00 PM until 2:00 PM
Hello from your Career Consultant!
I am currently booked two weeks in advance for in-office appointments. If you are needing an appointment this semester, be sure to call the Career Center front desk at (706) 542-3375, to get placed on my calendar.
1. Upcoming Fall 2014 Events:
- COE Majors Fair - Tuesday, November 18
- COE Study Abroad Fair - Thursday, November 20
- Education Job Search Presentation - Tuesday, December 2
3. DawgLink/HOT DawgLink Jobs/Internships
4. Additional Employment Opportunities:
- 14th Annual North Carolina Master's & PhD Career Fair
- KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools Job Fair
- Fulton County Schools Career Fair & Interview Day
- Sunnyside Unified School District Job Fair
- Southern Teachers Agency Vacancies
- Breakthrough Collaborative Summer Teaching Fellowship
- TNTP Teaching Fellows Opportunities
- Teach For America Deadlines
- Yes Prep Public Schools
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- American Junior Golf Association Internship
5. Save the Date! College of Education Career Fair
2. UPCOMING FALL 2014 EVENTS:
COE Undergraduate Majors Fair
Tuesday, November 18
5:30 - 7:00p.m.Georgia Center for Continuing Education, Room K/L
Are you interested in learning about the various undergraduate majors offered by the College of Education? Unsure of how to apply and when the application deadlines are? Drop by on November 18th to learn more! Department representatives and students currently in the major will be on hand to answer questions and share information.
Majors represented will include: Athletic Training, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Early Childhood Education, English Education, Exercise and Sport Science, Health and Physical Education, Mathematics Education, Middle School Education, Science Education, Social Education, Special Education, Sport Management and World Language Education. Learn more.
COE Study Abroad Fair
Thursday, November 205:30 - 7:00p.m.
Ramsey Center, Room 214
Do you love to travel? Do you want to travel for your first time? Do you want to travel and gain course credit? If YES, make sure to join us for the Study Abroad Fair! COE students have several study abroad opportunities. Drop by anytime throughout the evening to speak with representatives from study abroad programs and to hear first-hand accounts from students who’ve already studied abroad!
3. HOT DawgLink Jobs/Internships
Having trouble? Contact Debi Grayson at firstname.lastname@example.org, (706) 542-5948.
FEATURED DAWGLINK JOBS (this is NOT an exhaustive list! See DawgLink for more):
· 2015 Graduate School Fellowship, Education Pioneers; Posting #58223
· Health Coach, Corporate Health Partners; Posting #55990
· SAT, ACT, & AP Teachers, Mega Education; Posting #57635
· ESOL Instructors, Athens Latino Center for Education and Services (ALCES); Posting #58214
· After School Counselor, Oconee County Parks and Recreation Department; Posting #58016
· Paid Sports Marketing Internship, Gametime; Posting #57567
· Science, Math, Foreign Language, and Special Ed Teachers, Gwinnett County Public Schools; Posting #54809, 54807, 54806, 54808
· On-Air Talent (Sports Talk), Cox Media Group – Radio Athens; Posting #58157
· K-12 International Schools In The United Arab Emirates, The International Schools of Choueifat; Posting #58023
· Latin, Algebra, Spanish Teachers, Riverside Military Academy in Gainesville, GA; Posting #57572, 57569, 57571
· Research and Program Assistant, Education Policy Studies (693-410), American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (AEI); Posting #57975
· Health Coach, Corporate Health Partners; Posting #55990
· Elementary School Athletic Coach, Success Charter Network in New York City, Posting #57864
· Camp Counselors & Activity Specialists (Summer Job), Iroquois Springs in Rock Hill, NY; Posting #57795
4. Additional Employment Opportunities
14th Annual North Carolina Master's & PhD Career Fair
Thursday, November 20
Noon — 4:00 P.M.
The Friday Center - UNC Chapel Hill
Featuring a diverse group of employers, including:
American Credit Acceptance, Becton Dickinson & Company, Booz Allen, CIGNA,
Henry M. Jackson Foundation, Oak Ridge National Laboratories, Reynolds American,
Rho Inc., RTI International, Sandia National Laboratories, Wells Fargo, etc.
For a complete list of employers attending the fair visit:
Three Teacher Job Fairs :
Teaching Related Employment Opportunities:
Southern Teachers Agency Vacancies
SOUTHERN TEACHERS AGENCY (STA) is assisting an outstanding independent school in the greater Atlanta area in its search for a Biology and Environmental Sciences teacher. The need is immediate, so candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Candidates must possess:
· A strong academic record in the study of Biology and related fields,
· Bachelor's or advanced degree(s), and
· Excellent leadership and communication skills.
Please note that teaching licensure/certification is NOT a hiring prerequisite for this position.
Please visit our website, www.southernteachers.com, to apply online. Upon receipt of your application, we will prompt you to upload a cover letter and resume. Again, please do not hesitate, as the school needs to fill this position as soon as possible.
If you or your students have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for your assistance!
Breakthrough Collaborative Summer Teaching Fellowship
TNTP Teaching Fellows Opportunities
There are many reasons to consider a career in teaching: maybe you've tutored and discovered you have a knack for helping struggling students grasp complicated concepts; or you've volunteered or substitute taught in a school and enjoyed the energy of the classroom; or you simply desire a meaningful career helping kids excel.
Whatever the reason, right now is an excellent time to begin.
The Summer 2015 application is now open.
And we're here to help! Get in touch at email@example.com and we'll get right back to you. We look forward to getting to know you.
Teach For America Deadlines
December 5, 2014
January 30, 2015
To learn more about TFA, visit: http://www.teachforamerica.org/
To learn more about how to apply, visit: http://www.teachforamerica.org/why-teach-for-america/how-to-apply
Yes Prep Public Schools
Deadline #3 | January 9
Deadline #4 | February 9
Deadline #5 | March 27
Deadline #6 | April 24
Deadline #7 | May 15
Learn more about Yes Prep at http://www.yesprep.org/
Kinesiology Related Employment Opportunities:
Zebra Technologies Corporation
Are you a football fan? Interested in gaining some very part-time, short term experience related to the NFL and Sports Management?
Contact your Career Consultant, Whitney Prescott, for more information for opportunities to gain experience working with Zebra Technologies! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Junior Golf Association Internship
Join the AJGA for an experience of a lifetime in the spring or summer of 2015!
We offer great hands on experiences that will help get your foot in the door into the golf/sports industry! An added bonus…
· The AJGA only hires FULL-TIME from the internship
· Great Networking opportunities
· You travel the country helping run National Golf Tournaments
· It’s a PAID position!