- Click the link (not the check box) for “General One File” and choose “subject guide search” at the top.
- Enter “Occupations” as the search term for general occupational information and statistics.
- Enter the career (ex: “optometrists”) for detailed, specific information. Pay careful attention to the suggested search terms while you are typing a career.
- Make sure “full text” is checked under the search box and click magnifying glass/search bar.
- Click “subdivisions” under any subject to see links to articles about specific subjects pertaining to career.
- Choose EbscoHost Web.
- Scroll down and choose the Vocational and Career Collection.
- Type your career in the search box.
- You can refine your result by clicking full text (always do this) or peer reviewed only. You can also refine by publication date.
- Choose Student Research Center.
- Choose “Careers” in the search by topic menu.
- Type your career or search term in the search box.
- You can narrow your search by subject (suggested!) or publication on the left.
- Choose Proquest (red icon) at the bottom.
- Choose the Education and Career icon under the search bar.
- Click full text next to the search bar.
- Type in your career paying close attention to the suggested search terms that pop up.
- You can refine your search by publication date and source type. You can also choose to view only peer-reviewed items with the check box by the search box
To access databases at home, log in to Mackin Via with the username and password provided by your librarian.