An Update from your Mankato East Administration Team
January 4, 2021
Welcome to 2021 Cougars!
Dear Cougar Students and Families,
We are excited to welcome 2021 in hopes that this year will be healthier and happier for our students and their families. There are many reasons to be hopeful as we look forward, especially as we get closer to the prospect of welcoming our students back to the building. We're not there yet, but as the Covid numbers decrease and vaccinations opportunities increase, we are looking forward to a time when we can return to a 'normal' schedule.
Distance Learning Reminders
For now, we will continue in Distance Learning for all students. We know it can be hard to find the motivation to get back into the swing of things after a long break. We hope you enjoyed your time off of school, but it is definitely time to get back to work! The end of the first semester is January 28th. This means you have just a few weeks to finish up your work and earn credit for this semester.
Distance Learning reminders for everyone:
- Students will follow their assigned class schedule.
- MEHS will provide a revised schedule for all students (below).
- Students are strongly encouraged to attend synchronous sessions with their teachers at their scheduled class period (attendance will be taken).
- Teachers will host a synchronous Google Meet for each class period. Students will receive an invitation in their email and Google Calendar for these Meets.
- Attendance will be taken each hour.
- Attendance will be verified through participation in Google Meets and/or through Moodle.
- MEHS will offer live interaction learning opportunities for students Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays each week.
- Wednesdays will continue to be a Distance Learning only day. Students may sign up to meet with their teachers during office hours.
- One Wednesday per month set aside as Staff Development will remain a Distance Learning only day with no in-person contact with teachers.
During Distance Learning, MEHS will follow this schedule:
Wait...the Semester is almost over? I need some help!
Additionally, there are options for tutoring available through Community Ed.
What if I have issues with my device?
Email (same): firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (support in Spanish and English): 866-804-1753
Service support hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Back at it!
We hope to see you soon!
East Administration Team