GLC Weekly Newsletter
December 5, 2021
What's Happening This Week
Monday, December 6
- MINIMUM DAY, all students dismiss at 12:50 p.m.
- Sock drive begins (See below for more information)
- Open enrollment for 2022-23 begins (See below for more information)
Tuesday, December 7
- School Site Council (SSC) meeting, 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 8
- Soccer team awards & celebration, 2:15-3:30 p.m.
- Spanish club, 2:15-3:15 p.m.
Thursday, December 9
- English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) meeting, 8:30 a.m.
Friday, December 10
- Student recognition assemblies, Grades K-6
(Gr 7/8 assembly will be held on Monday, 12/13)
Saturday, December 11
- Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) Conference (Gr 4-8)
Open Enrollment for 2022-23
All students currently enrolled in grades TK-7 are automatically provided a seat for the 2022-23 school year. However, GLC families who have a child entering kindergarten (or transitional kindergarten) must complete an enrollment request form for 2022-23. GLC siblings are guaranteed a seat, unless a class fills up and there are no more seats available. Therefore, it's best to submit your application during the open enrollment period.
If you have friends or family who may be interested in attending GLC, please share this information with them. Applications are available on our website and in our front office.
Student Recognition Assemblies
The VUSD After-hours Academic Assistance (AAA) program is available to all VUSD students grades K-12 at no charge, four evenings a week. Homework assistance is lead by certificated VUSD teachers. For more information and to access the tutoring Zoom links, visit: www.vusd.org/aaa.