The Cherokee Chronicle
We are nearing the end of our third nine weeks. Thank you for your continued support and for allowing us the opportunity to work with your child!
Several things to be aware of as we move into March and approach Spring:
1. Summer School is once again going to be at Lamar this summer. There will be a free breakfast/lunch, ELA/ math instruction and daily physical activity. We will also have field trips and guest speakers. Please use the link below to find out more information and to register your child.
2. Parent/ Teacher Conferences will be on March 15 from 1 to 3 PM. These will be by appointment only. Email your child's teacher if you are interested in meeting. Remember you can check your child's grades using the button below (Parent Portal).
3. TCAP State Testing will begin on April 11 and go through April 22 for all students in grades 3-8. If possible, please plan appointments and absences outside of this time frame. Check out the buttons below for more upcoming school and district-wide dates.
4. Attendance Reminder: Please send in all doctor’s excuses and parent notes ASAP. These can be brought in by the student upon return, emailed, (firstname.lastname@example.org) or faxed 423-753-1134. **Remember you have 5 parent notes per year.**
5. Arts Night: Save the date for Arts Night on March 22 at 6 PM. More info TBA.
As always, please feel free to contact the office at 753-1130 if you have questions.
Mark Merriman, Principal
Courtyard Update Completed
Thanks WCDE ground crew for updating and cleaning up our courtyard!
8th Grade Tour of DCHS
8th Grade students went to DCHS in preparation for their transition to HS next year.
Olympic Math and Science Night
Students of all ages had a great time at our math and science night!
8th Grade Tour of DCHS
Request for Student Resources
If your child or family needs assistance with hygiene items, clothing, food, school supplies, or other school resources, please click the request button below.
Click here to sign up for the BAND App and School-wide communication
Follow our school on Twitter @Lamar_School
Follow Lamar Elementary on Facebook
Mission, Vision, and Motto
Learning is a process which is cultivated through the collaborative efforts of the school, home, and community.
I am a Cherokee working to be the best that I can be!