Foussat Weekly Happenings
Friday, September 10, 2021
Good Evening Foussat Families,
A big thank you to everyone who attended our Back to School Night on Wednesday. Between Ms. Andrews and I, we were able to join all of the virtual classroom presentations. I also want to say another big THANK YOU to the parents who attended our annual Title 1 meeting. Education is a joint endeavor and we couldn't fulfill our roles as educators without the support of each and everyone of you! A few things for the coming week...
- Tuesday, September 14 will be a minimum day for all 1st to 5th grade students, dismissal time is at 1:05 PM. This is a district early release day for teachers to engage in professional development.
- Wednesday, September 15 will be our regular early dismissal day for all 1st to 5th grade students. School is dismissed at 1:05 PM.
- Most students are now taking home their learning devices on a daily basis. If you have not already done so, please consider purchasing the insurance for their devices. Information for this can be found on our school website.
- At the Title 1 meeting we discussed the School Site Council. This important group helps to lead our school and is an integral part of how the school functions. I will be sending an interest survey on Monday for any interested parents/guardians.
- We are also in need of parents who would like to be part of our PTA. We have several positions open this year - I will be sending you some information regarding this soon.
- The monthly board meeting will be held on Tuesday at 6:00 PM, information for this meeting can be found on the district's website.
That's all for now, have a great weekend, stay safe and don't forget to spend some time reading as a family and tell your children how much you love and appreciate them.