St.Patrick's Day &Marketing
By: Jesse Gomez
History of St.Patricks Day & Marketing
- The March 17 celebration started in 1631 when the Church established a Feast Day honoring St. Patrick. He had been Patron Saint of Ireland who had died around the fifth century—a whopping 12 centuries before the modern version of the holiday was first observed
- March 17. In 1903, St Patrick's Day became an official public holiday in Ireland
- millions of people annually, just in the united states alone, the #1 reason too younger adults is too party and hang out :)
- facts? Patrick's color is blue,St. Patrick wasn't Irish,March 17th is when Patrick died.
St.patrick's Day & GLOBAL marketing
- Birmingham holds the largest St Patrick's Day parade in Britain with a city centre parade over a two-mile (3 km) route through the city centre. The organisers describe it as the third biggest parade in the world after Dublin and New York.
- London, since 2002, has had an annual St Patrick's Day parade which takes place on weekends around the 17th, usually in Trafalgar Square. In 2008 the water in the Trafalgar Square fountains was dyed green.
- The first St Patrick's Festival was held on 17 March 1996. In 1997, it became a three-day event, and by 2000 it was a four-day event. By 2006, the festival was five days long; more than 675,000 people attended the 2009 parade. Overall 2009's five-day festival saw almost 1 million visitors, who took part in festivities that included concerts, outdoor theatre performances, and fireworks. sky fest forms the centrepiece of the festival.
on average, both the British and the Irish both spend on average $35.40. St.Patrick's day ranks 4th among popular drinking days in both countries. which may be the reason behind 266 deaths to date since 2010. on average, 13Million pints of Guinness will be consumed world wide
5 P's of marketing, st.patrick's day edition
- PRODUCT- pot of gold
- PRICE-1.2 million is the market value of a leprechauns pot of gold, which contains 1,000 gold coins weighing one ounce each
- PEOPLE-any body celebrating St. Patrick's day
- PROMOTION - a leprechauns pot of gold is a seasonal product. They aren't selling it 24/7, 365 days a year. they are sold specifically in the month of march for St. Patrick's day. along with other popular items like shamrocks, beer mugs, GREEN anything, etc.