Rodriguez's Rock Stars
Ready, Set, Reunited!
Welcome back parents and second grade students! I hope all of you had a wonderful spring break and enjoyed yourselves as much as I did over the break. It has been a pleasure spending the school year with all of you, and I am excited to finish off the 2014-2015 school year with a BANG! Teaching second grade has been an absolute joy, because the students have reached the beginning stages of independence, but are always excited to learn and explore new things!
Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science
- Students will continue to practice combining sentences using conjunctions and will also identify verbs, adjectives, and nouns in short sentences.
- In math, all students will begin learning how to multiply by zero and one.
- When we go to the library this week, all of the students will be responsible for checking out a book that has something to do with social studies and must write a paragraph over what they have learned.
- This week we will be exploring nature and identifying certain plants, insects, and weather characteristics in our environment.
Red Ribbon Week!
This month we will be participating in Red Ribbon Week at Sunny Independent School District. Each day of the week, we will have different themes incorporated to show that we are drug free!
- On Monday, students will be allowed to wear their favorite pajamas to school.
- On Tuesday, students are encouraged to dress up as their favorite superhero!
- On Wednesday, students will be able to represent their favorite college team.
- On Thursday, we expect to see the craziest hats on campus!
- On Friday, Sunny ISD would like to see all of our students dressed in RED to support Red Ribbon Week!
Houston Zoo Field Trip
Tuesday, March 31st, 8:30am
6200 Hermann Park Drive
On the last Tuesday of the month, we will be visiting the Houston Zoo for our class field trip. Parents are encouraged to volunteer as a chaperon for the event, in order to provide assistance during the trip. Each student will need to bring a sack lunch, because we will not be back on campus in time for regular lunches. The waiver and release form has been sent home with your child and will need to be returned by March 30, 2015.
I would like to take the time out to emphasize how important it is that each student is respectful to one another both in and outside of the classroom. The classroom environment should be fun and exciting, but must also follow Sunny ISD rules and policies. Parents will be notified if their child is misbehaving or disrespecting classroom property or other students.