Who am I
My name is Jacie Gorges. I am a 19 year old college student who lives in Augusta, Kansas with my significant other and two kitties. I come from a family of four siblings and five nieces and nephews. My goals in life are to become a mom and a special education teacher. After Butler, I plan on attending Wichita State University. I am currently working at a daycare center which I love. I can't wait to have my own classroom someday!
My Hobbies and What I Like
Things I love to do:
- Spend time with family and friends
- Be active
- Go shopping
Katy Perry - Dark Horse (Official) ft. Juicy J
My Strengths and Weaknesses
- Try to make the best out of any situation
- Always have a smile on my face
- I am a perfectionist! I love having things done a certain way and the right way
- I always put others before myself. This is can be a good quality, but not when you have things of your own that need to be done
- I can be very stubborn
I Love Elephants!
Goals as a Teacher
I want to teach my students how to...
- Become successful learners
- Learn in a variety of ways
- Strive to succeed in life
- Gain their own set of knowledge
- Find the proper resources, instructions, and support
- Have fun while learning
- Use a variety of technology
My Personality Type and Learning Style
- I have an artisan personality. An artisan has the natural ability to excel in any arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performance arts. When I found this out it really surprised me. I never saw myself as an artist, but I do enjoy music, dancing, athletics, painting, and industrial arts
- I am a visual and social learner. I really enjoying looking at art and nature. I noticed that I was a visual learner really fast. I picked up on information faster once someone showed me an image or something visual. I am a great listener when it comes to helping people, but not when it comes to learning. I am also very social. I learn well from my peers and other people. That is why I enjoy doing group projects and assignments. It is nice getting ideas from other people and not just yourself.
My life in photos!
Summer and Jesse! They are my niece and nephew