Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 1/14/2019
School Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
Madison High School participated in a lock down drill with students and faculty on Friday, January 11, 2019. The purpose of the drill was to have all students and staff practice the lock down procedures to simulate compliance in an emergency situation and to identify potential issues that may need to be addressed in an actual emergency.
School safety is always a top priority for all staff at Madison. Parents play a very important role in creating a safe environment for all students by following the guidelines below:
- Always check out your student from the attendance office or school nurse on a blue slip
- Only parents may deliver a lunch (preferably before the lunch period begins); lunches should be dropped off to a staff member in the main office; deliveries from Uber Eats or any other delivery service is not permitted.
- Parents should drop off students in the morning in the parking lot behind the performing arts center; the main parking lot is reserved for visitors and staff members.
- All visitors to school must check in with a staff member in the main office for meetings or other visits to school.
- Please contact Students Speaking Out at www.studentsspeakingout.org or call 888.580.8477, if you or your students has information about a crime, serious school violation, or dangerous activity at school; reports can be completely anonymous.
We appreciate your cooperation in observing these guidelines.
Grad Nite Tickets for Seniors
Family Notices for the Week:
- Boys tennis meeting - Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 1:10 pm at the tennis courts. We are looking for new players, freshmen and sophomores. No prior experience necessary; we will develop you. Season starts in February. Coach Ray
- Reading Legacies - offers a unique youth program that gives students the opportunity to read to preschool children; students can earn up to 56 hours of community service. Join IMIN on January 28, 2:30-3:15pm, in room 807, to learn more about this opportunity.
Spring Fling Dance - Saturday, February 9, 2019, 8-11 pm; tickets are $35 with an ASB card or $40 without an ASB card; tickets on sale beginning January 22 at the finance office.
Blood Drive - Tuesday, January 29, 8:00 AM - 1:15 PM, in Room 101. Please consider donating to save a life. You can sign up for an appointment online through the San Diego Blood Bank, or students can sign up at lunch in the quad or in Room 707. Remember, if you donate at least 5 times throughout your high school career, or have someone donate in your name, you will receive the red cord for graduation.