March 1st, 2022
Happy March and (slightly early) spring greetings to you! As you know, March is a busy month as we look forward to several weeks of consistency prior to our forthcoming Spring Break in early April (4/4 - 4/8). Thankfully, COVID cases have declined, which has provided our school with a better attendance across the past few weeks. As we move forward, please continue to monitor state and district guidance (link), including the lifting of the indoor masking mandate for all students, staff, and visitors on Monday, March 14 (WA state lift occurs at 11:59 pm on March 11 - please see link for noted exceptions).
Later this month, we look forward to our Spring Conferences (3/28 - 4/1) and an opportunity to individually reconnect with each family. Please look for information from your child's teacher regarding scheduling in the coming weeks.
Lastly, March is Women's History Month. We want to take this opportunity to honor and thank all of the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, caretakers, and others that go above-and-beyond each day to meet the needs of our Eagles at home and here at Monroe. We are grateful and look forward to honoring you across this coming month for all of your efforts and sacrifices (seen and unseen) - Thank you!
Please take a look below at our upcoming calendar and school-wide updates.
- Tuesday, March 1 - Read Across America Day
- Thursday, March 3 - Kindergarten Kick Off (6:00pm via Zoom)
- Friday, March 4 - Learning Improvement Friday (1:35pm dismissal)
- Monday, March 7 - 2022-23 Kindergarten Registration Opens
- Wednesday, March 9 - Monroe PTA Skate Night at Skate Deck (6:00pm)
- Friday, March 11 - Learning Improvement Friday (1:35pm dismissal)
- Tuesday, March 15 - PTA Membership Meeting (6:30pm via Zoom)
- Friday, March 18 - Learning Improvement Friday (1:35pm dismissal)
- Friday, March 25, through Friday, April 1 - Parent/Teacher Conferences (please note the earlier, 12:20pm dismissal on each of those school days)
- April 4 - April 8 - Spring Break (No School)
Kindergarten Registration Opens March 7th!
2022 Feedback Surveys
Additionally, our Eagles (3rd, 4th, and 5th graders) will take part in a student-specific survey as we seek to better understand how we are serving you and your family as a school.
Survey Link for our Monroe Families:
Believe - Be Bold - Become
"Women, if the soul of the nation is to be saved, I believe that you must become it's soul"
- Coretta Scott King -
This month, our school will be learning, sharing, and celebrating together as we honor Women's History Month. We will explore the vital role of women within and across the history of our country. In addition, as we seek to collectively educate the next generation of leaders, we will honor the many seen and unseen efforts of female leaders today. Whether in our homes, within our communities, and/or across our nation and world, we are all the direct beneficiaries of the sacrifices and efforts of impactful women. Please join us in celebrating each of the women in our lives (past, present, and future) as part of Women's History Month.
EPS March Newsletter
Each month, our Everett Public Schools sends a newsletter to all of our families with information pertaining to all of our schools/programs. The March version of our newsletter is attached below for your consideration. In this month’s newsletter, you will find updates on each of the below topics.
- Thank You to our Everett Voters
- Annual Stakeholder Surveys
- Kindergarten Registration & Kickoff
- Education Support Professionals Week
- And, more!
See Anything You Recognize?
Thank you all for your time in reading through the above update. We appreciate your efforts, support, and partnership. On behalf of our Monroe team, we wish you and your loved ones health and happiness.
Tyler & Catarino
Principal & Assistant Principal
Monroe Elementary School
Fax 425-385-7302 Fax
Missed an Update?
Below are links to previous Monroe Updates:
- February 14th, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- February 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- January 14th, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- January 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- December 16th, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- December 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- November 5th, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- October 22, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- October 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 17, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 7, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- August 26, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- August 18, 2021: English Version - Spanish version
- July 30, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version