CSA Lincoln Newsletter
September 2nd, 2016
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Happy Friday!It was a great week of school! Passions started for grades 3-6 today and the building was buzzing with excitement. My group took the ColumBUS red line. The transit department donated some identity lanyards to the students. Libby got to flag down the bus and Lydia pulled the cord to alert the driver of our stop. Dairy Queen wasn't on our route, but we found ourselves enjoying a cold treat upon our return. It's hard to pass up a Dilly Bar!
- Our Service Learning Project-School Fundraiser starts today! Students will be coming home with an envelope and a green information sheet (click here). Instead of selling gifts or food, we prefer students ask for a donation. In turn, each class will participate in a community service activity to show our appreciation for your support. 100% of the money collected is used to pay for field trips, student prizes, etc. The red drawstring bags students received at the end of the last year are a great example of how this money goes right back to your kids. There are some incentives listed on the envelope...including a chance to be principal for a day! All money needs to be turned in on Thursday, September 15th. We will have a celebration carnival on Friday, September 16th which will include an inflatable obstacle course!
- A 'Grand' Reading Event- Please mark your calendar for this popular event on Friday, September 9th. We will celebrate International Literacy Day (9/8) and National Grandparents Day (9/11) by inviting grandparents or special guests to read with their student(s) at school from 1:45-2:30 p.m. We will be giving away one book basket per grade level at the event. Don't worry if you can't make it. Classroom teachers will be reading with those students who don't have a guest. The permission slip/schedule is linked above.
- Pre-K spots available CSA Fodrea- There are still a limited number of spots available in Pre-K at CSA Fodrea. If you have a four year old or know a friend who is interested in Pre-K or going to school at CSA Lincoln, encourage them to enroll their students in this program. Information can be found here.
- Wheels Friday was very popular today! Check out the photos and video below.
- No school Monday, September 5th.
- Please check out our "unofficial" staff photo! I couldn't be more proud!
Best staff photo...ever!
School and Grade Level Schedules-New!
Notes from the Athletic Director
Are you interested in being a basketball player or a cheerleader for the upcoming season?
If so, please make sure that you have a current physical exam on file with the school!
CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS -TBA
BASKETBALL TRYOUTS will take place October 17th-20th!
Physicals must be current!
You must have a physical dated after APRIL 1st, 2016 to be eligible for the 2016-2017 season!
Questions? -Please contact Mr. Shipley
Lunch with Kindergarten!
Husky Gram Winners
Welcome to the Art Room at CSA Lincoln for 2016-2017!
We are very excited to be starting a brand new art program in our art room this school year! We will be focusing on making responsible art decisions and learning to think like an artist. The biggest change for this year is that every student at CSA Lincoln has received a sketchbook to use at school. These sketchbooks are very important to our curriculum this year so it is crucial that they remain at school at all times. If at any point a sketchbook is lost there will be a $5 fee to replace it with a new sketchbook. These will also be used for two years so your student will have their current sketchbook until the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
We are also in need of some recyclable, donated items for our sculpture station! Our students love to build and we need more materials to supply the station! Items that may be donated to our art room include (but are not limited to):
-Bottle Caps, cardboard, plastic food containers (yogurt, milk, etc.), paper towel or toilet paper rolls, egg cartons, paper plates, popsicle sticks, newspaper, fabric scraps
**All donated items must be cleaned and cannot be made of metal or glass**
Students can drop off donated items in the art room on before or after school!
From the Music Room
INDIANA BICENTENNIAL MENU- THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
Did you know in the 19th century, travelers to the future state of Indiana would have found squash and corn growing in abundance in Native American gardens? Hogs came along later and became an integral part of the Hoosier diet. Our bicentennial menu honors Indiana’s 200th year as a state by serving some of these foods native to our region.
SLOW COOKED PULLED PORK ON BUN
GOLDEN CORN ON THE COB
ROASTED SQUASH W/CINNAMON & BROWN SUGAR
FARM FRESH FRUIT/CRISP VEGGIES
INDIANA BIRTHDAY CAKE
Girls on the Run-Join our team!
The head coach for CSA Lincoln's team this year will be Juliana Bernabe (email@example.com). She is looking for two assistant coaches. If interested, please email her. Here is a photo of last year's group!
Grades 3rd - 6th
Starts Sept. 12 - Nov. 12
Practice M & W 2:45 - 4:00 PM
Youth 5k on Saturday, Nov. 12th
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
What is REMIND?
Principals everywhere are forgetting their complex phone trees and are using Remind as a simple way to keep their colleagues in the loop and build community at their schools.
Click on the Get Connected with REMIND above this article.