Promesa Family Update
May 29th, 2022
Dear Promesa Families,
This has been a tough week. I know that it has been challenging for all of us to continue as normal without feeling fear, grief, sadness, and so much more. I want to thank you all for coming together in partnership with us to ensure that our precious pandas felt loved and safe this week. We have three more days left in the 21-22 school year and we want to make sure that our students, staff, and families feel safe at Promesa as we close out this year. We are continuing to ask that all visitors to campus do not bring any large items inside our doors. Our community SAFE police officers visited our campus frequently last week and are planning to continue to patrol our campus this week. Additionally, we have hired an unarmed security guard to patrol our campus between 7am-6pm on Tuesday-Thursday for additional security.
We only have 3 more days left in the 21-22 school year! We are looking forward to celebrating our students, staff, and families as we end another successful year at Promesa.
Please see below for updates and reminders for the last week of school:
1) Upcoming Events: Please see below for a list of upcoming events from now until the end of the year:
a) Monday, May 30th: No school for Memorial Day.
b) Tuesday, May 31st: 2nd- and 3rd-grade Zoo Field Trip!
c) Wednesday, June 1st: Virtual information session from 5:30-6:30pm on updates for the 22-23 school year. This is also an opportunity to meet Gabby Joseph, our incoming principal!
d) Thursday, June 2nd from 8-8:45am: Family Appreciation Breakfast from 8-8:45 on our pavilion! We are so grateful for all of your support and love this year. Our family engagement at Promesa goes beyond anything I have ever experienced in other schools and it is a testament to the love, energy, and time that each of you dedicate to partnering with us.This Thursday is our last day of school and we'll be celebrating our staff and students, but we also want to celebrate YOU! Join us at 8am on Thursday on our pavilion for breakfast and an opportunity to celebrate the end of the school year with other Promesa families. Please RSVP here for the breakfast.
e) Thursday, June 2nd at 9am: Last day of school and our final musical theater show (see below for details)! If you would like to attend the musical, please make sure to RSVP here.
2) No Clubs This Week: Last week was the last week for afterschool clubs. There will be no clubs this week.
3) Uniform Policy Survey: As we get ready for the 22-23 school year, we would love your feedback on our uniform policy. We have sent out a survey for the last two years as we continue to learn more about our families' needs and input on a uniform policy. Thank you in advance for taking a few minutes to fill this out.
4) Progress Reports and MAP Reports: Progress reports and MAP reports will be sent home to families this week!
5) 2022-23 New Students: We do still have a few more seats for our Kinder-1st-grade classes next year, but have waitlists for 2nd-4th grade. We continue to hope that the majority of our current families will return, but if your plans do change, please let us know at your earliest convenience. If you know of families who would like to attend Promesa next year, please encourage them to apply as soon as possible.
6) Last Day of School Celebrations: Every homeroom will be having a celebration on the last day of school and has invited a few homeroom families to help volunteer with the celebrations. Homeroom teachers sent out communication about this last week. Please reach out to your child's homeroom teachers with any additional questions.
7) Summer School Options: As we near closer to the summer, we wanted to provide you a list of free and paid summer programs and will continue to update this weekly:
a. City of San Antonio Summer Programs - Fees are based on income. The program runs from 7:30am-5:30pm from June-August for 6-12-year-olds.
b. Good Samaritan Summer Program - FREE! Please call Good Samaritan for more information - 210.434.5531.
c. YMCA Summer Camp - $148.50 for members and $165 for non-members per week. Financial assistance is available.
d. Boys and Girls Club - Contact your local club for more information.
e. Witte Museum - A variety of options each week during the summer. Learn more here.
f. The DoSeum - A variety of options each week during the summer. Learn more here.
With love and gratitude,
Panda Pride Winners and MVP Medal!
K.1: Ashton G.
K.2: Adelina G.
K.3: Brinley F.
K.4: Aubrey R.
1.1: Jesuan G.D.
1.2: Kadyn C.
1.3: AJ H.
1.4: MJ B.
1.5: Jacqueline P.
2.1: Rachel R.
2.2: Machalyn N.
2.3: Zayden P.
3.1: Gannabella M
3.2: Gabriella S.
3.3: Aaliyah G.
MVP: Isaac V.
Updates for the 22-23 School Year
Family Appreciation Breakfast
Musical Theater Show!
We're Hiring for the 2022-23 School Year!
You can find emails for all of our staff here. Some staff members also have links to their wishlists for their classes!
You can find our academic calendar on our website whenever you need to refer to it!
Breakfast, lunch, and supper menus for the month can be found here!
Are you buying supplies from Amazon for the new school year? Please use this link to support our school! Amazon will donate 0.5% of every purchase to Promesa at no cost to you!
Did you miss last week's newsletter or want to refer back to a previous newsletter? Click here to view all previous versions of our family newsletters!
Director of Curriculum and Instruction: Julie Rothlauf, email@example.com
Director of Operations [Transportation/Afterschool Questions]: Casandra Reyes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Office Manager [Attendance/Registration Questions]: Esme Flores, email@example.com
Attendance Questions/Notes: firstname.lastname@example.org