Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: February 1-5
- Created a schedule and invitation for The Continuum of Literacy Learning PLC. Sent out invitation and have four attending.
- Co-taught in another third grade classroom on "Bold Beginnings" lesson.
- Conducted a model lesson in kindergarten classroom. The lesson revolved around their John Collins' reading response journals. We read and responded to an article about Polar Bears.
- Checked in with second grade teacher's progress on John Collins. This was the first week without the coach in the room each day. We set up a schedule and gathered resources. More support was needed.
- Gathered inquiry lesson ideas for third and fifth grade Social Studies lesson.
- Checked-in with second-grade RIT group as guided reading model lesson.
- Continued asking for volunteer support for our literacy day on February 12th.
- Attended District coaches' meeting.
- Led Literacy Committee meeting. We discussed our literacy day on February 12th, and organized our 100 Book Challenge room.
- Attended and helped lead faculty meeting on NWEA MAP reports.
- Planned PLC (Fountas & Pinnell's Continuum of Literacy Learning).
- Attend grade level meetings.
- Meet with third and fifth grade teachers to discuss inquiry lessons.
- Conduct a model lesson in kindergarten class on reading responses.
- Lead PLC on Wednesday.
- Observe first grade guided reading group to meet with teacher to discuss ways to help the students more.
- Attend Coaches' Cohort on Thursday.
- Prepare for Friday's Love for Literacy Day.
- Create February Literacy Newsletter (carried over from last week).
- Gather and send second & third grade Fountas & Pinnell results (fall & winter) to Michelle Grant.
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I don't foresee any real problems this week; though, I do need more volunteers to read with our kids for literacy day on Friday. I may be recruiting family. :)