Middle School News - August 28th
Let's get ready for the year Wildcats!
We are excited to have everyone back, even if online! We hope you and your families are well.
We hope to send this newsletter every week for the first month of school to keep you up to date on all things middle school!
I want to share more information about a few things:
SOFT START (First two weeks) September 2nd - 11th
- Families were sent a presentation that included middle school schedule for the first two weeks. They are very general and can be found here: Click here
- See below for more details and our BRIDGER schedule during that time.
- Please see the button below called "ParentVue" to update information and access your student schedule. Please email Ms. Roletto if you have questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
REGULAR SCHEDULE - Starting September 14th
- After the first two weeks, we will start on a more normal schedule from day to day.
- We will send more details next week.
- Generally speaking, students will be on LIVE with two classes a day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Thursday and Friday will be days to work and meet with teachers in small groups.
- Students are generally finished by lunch time, but there will be opportunity to be part of extra activities closer to the end of September.
Ms. Roletto and her family attended a BLM rally in Hillsboro. We had to keep a distance since her oldest son is immunosuppressed, but it was still powerful.
I hiked/backpacked 60 miles in Glacier National Park (where I succeeded in staying socially distant from a mama Grizzly and her two cubs!)
Ms. Bartley and BLM
Ms. Bartley spent many hours supporting BLM. She did this through protest and delivering mutual aid in the neighborhood.
First two weeks of school - "Soft Start" - September 2 - 11
In the first section of this newsletter is the link for the general slides that were sent to families.
Our schedule for Bridger can be found by clicking here: Bridger Middle School Soft Start schedule
Each slide shows one day with details.
Video explanation of the schedule: Click here
The goals of the first to weeks are:
- Orientation to teachers and classmates
- Checking in with families and students
- Learning more about the tools we will be using and getting kids organized for success
- We will start each day at 9:30am
We will be using GOOGLE MEET in order to come together during this time.
- Please notice that in the Bridger Schedule for the first two weeks will have the "Code" students will need to join us each of those days.(Code: Welcome1)
- September 2nd will be for 6th GRADE ONLY
- September 3rd we will welcome everyone.
We monitor attendance and check in to make sure everything is okay. If you have a day that you know your child can't participate, please feel free to email your teacher first.
There will be more than one way to have your student counted in school for the day. We will share more information next week.