January 16th ArtBeat!
January 16-20, 2023. Updates from the Academic Arts team
Highlights from Last Week: Hope everyone had a great Winter Break! Loving all the stories I'm hearing from the kids.
Reminders: Please remember if your child has dance to wear clothing that is great for moving while still keeping in mind the NCCAE dress code. As well as shoes that can easily come on and off.
Thank you to all the students who came with an openmind and grew this quarter in dance! I will miss you but will see you around school! Have a great rest of your school year :) Mrs. Majewski
Welcome to Drama Class Second Quarter with Ms. Gordon at NCCAE!
Students have been playing get-to-know-you games with Ms. Gordon, learning all about each other and how they can work together as a class to be successful!
Reminders: We SOAR in the drama room: Safe, Organized, Always Respectful, Responsible.
- 5th Grade, 4th Grade, and 3rd Grade will be diving into arranging their own music using technology and classroom instruments. Students will be arranging a song that represents NCCAE and utilizing all of the knowledge they have learned throughout the quarter.
- 2nd Grade and 1st Grade are tackling the concepts of musical form this week through playing classroom instruments, dancing, and singing.
- Kindergarten will take a look at short and long sounds in music through a variety of songs, dance, and musical instruments.
Highlights from Last Week:
- Last week our 5th & 4th Grades became introduced to different note sounds using our classroom Orff instruments
- Our 3rd Grade students finished up their unit on dynamics through a fun Jeopardy themed review competition!
- Our 2nd & 1st Grades finished up their unit on Ostinatos and Musical Patterns.
- Our Kindergarten students wrapped up their unit on soft and loud sounds.
Reminders: Continue to encourage students to work towards classroom goals and rewards.
A Look Ahead: earth art, photo editing, painting with tempera
Highlights from Last Week: organic and geometric shapes, collage, dough sculpture
Reminders: Students who may want to apply to School of the Arts should be saving artwork as it comes home. These examples of past work will be an important part of the process, and it is great to have many to choose from.
.A Look Ahead: Students in grades K-5 will be working on throwing. Students will be playing in games that will focus on both throwing for distance as well as accuracy
Highlights from Last Week: Students in PE reviewed PE Class Expectations and showed they understood them as they exercised by jumping rope and hula hooping.
Reminders: Students should wear sneakers on the day they have PE class.