Moreau Heights Elementary
Moreau Heights is a collaborative community focused on student growth with a commitment to excellence.
The PBS lesson for this week is on Working Well With Others, Even If We Don't Want To. You will want to borrow the book from a colleague or check it out from the library.
Our Second Steps lessons this week will focus on the following:
Kindergarten will review Second Steps lessons.
1st grade will continue bullying lessons provided.
Grade 2 will continue bullying lessons provided..
Grade 3 will continue bullying lessons provided.
Grade 4 will continue bullying lessons provided.
Grade 5 will begin bullying lessons provided.
Are you using Charger Cash to reinforce PBS expectations and Second Step skills?
- We want to use positive reinforcement to draw attention to what we want to see more of from our students.
- How do you make sure you are putting the focus where you want it?
- Are you remembering to use all your tools? Specific feedback? Charger Cash?
"You are a giant, yellow highlighter. Highlight behavior you want more of, and help children become aware of the many kind and helpful things they do each day."
Duties for the Week
Wanting Some Behavioral Support Ideas?
Calendar of Events
Monday, April 30
*Leadership Team mtg 3:45
Tuesday, May 1
*Kindergarten at Lab Classroom
*1st grade Math iReady testing
*3rd grade Reading iReady testing
*New Crew 7:00 am
*SS staffing (James, Haugen, Gragg, Treat, Henderson) 8:30
*CP IEP (Connelly, Rackers, Fleming, Haugen) 10:50
*Title I meeting 4:00
Wednesday, May 2
*Kindergarten and 2nd grade Math iReady testing
*LW staffing (James, Haugen, Hammann, Treat, Spear, Gragg, McKim) 1:15
*Staff mtg 3:45
Thursday, May 3
*Collaboration - Unit 1 ELA CFA
*3rd grade Math iReady testing
*4th grade Reading iReady testing
*AM staffing/IEP (James, Gragg, Hammann, Treat, Haugen) 1:15
Friday, May 4
*4th grade Math iReady testing
*5th grade Reading iReady test
Monday, May 7
*5th grade Math iReady test
*Sue and Kelly at Model Classroom
*LCMS transition conversation (Haugen, Holtmeyer) 1:30
Tuesday, May 8
*Sue at BOE 8:30 - 9:15
*JR Staffing/IEP (Farmer, Haugen, James, Gragg, Detrick, Albers) 9:15
*CN Staffing/IEP (James, Haugen, Fleming, Treat, Gragg) 11:00
*PTO mtg 6:00
Wednesday, May 9
*District Admin mtg (Sue at Dix Rd 9 - 11:00)
*NM Staffing/IEP(?) (James, Haugen, Boeckman, Treat) 11:00
Thursday, May 10
*Collaboration - Unit 1 ELA CFA
*Elementary Principal's mtg (Sue at BOE) 8 - 12
Friday, May 11
- 8:30 grades 3-4
- 9:40 grades k-2
*Patrol Picnic 10:30 - 1:30
*SST for AM (Fleming, Holliday, James, Haugen, Treat) 11:00
Monday, May 14
Tuesday, May 15
*5th grade promotion and reception 12:30 - 3:00
Wednesday, May 16
*Sports Day (12:30 - end of day)
Thursday, May 17
*Last Day - students dismissed 12:15
End of Year
1. Please be sure that when you have any special events going on in your grade level, information about times and such are shared with our secretaries. They take many calls with questions that can be answered easily if we have the information.
2. I will share a google form with you to check out purposes. I hope to get this to you by early next week. All things on the list will need to be completed before you are "checked out" and before summer school.
3. The 2018 summer professional development activities have been added to the district catalog in MyLearningPlan. Staff can sign up for activities listed in the district catalog by clicking on the activity title, then clicking on Sign Up Now.
4. Our assemblies for grades k-4 are Friday, May 11. Teacher teams need to decide on special awards to give to students. Teachers will announce and distribute these at the assembly. These will not have to be turned in to the office.
Good-byes are hard!
Carrie Dunn - will be teaching 1st grade at St. Peter's
Sydney Kaiser - will be teaching 1st grade at North
Stacy Fleming - will be teaching 3rd grade at North
Paula Britton - will be teaching in Brazil
Leah Skinner - will be teaching 4th grade at East
Dawn Day - will be an administrative intern (location undecided)
Kelli Holtmeyer - retiring
Julie Romney - will be staying home to be a mom
Welcome to our Team!
Shannon Gann - counselor
Rebekah Wright - 3rd or 4th grade
Nominate a staff member who has made a positive impact for students, families and staff!