February 15th, 2016
Part II and III of Teacher Self Reports Due April 11th
Teachers just an important reminder that Part II and III of the TSR is due 2 weeks prior to the summatives and the end of the year conferences. All summatives are due earlier than last year, April 11, 2016. I know it's only February but March and April zoom by quickly! Please take some time to go ahead and submit this on Eduphoria-PDAS. The end of the school year will be here before you know it!! Thank you, Hilda
Monday February 15th- Distrcit PL AM, PM TELPAS Calibration
Tuesday February 16th Yellow 5-Last day for spring cookie dough fund raiser. Monthly Principal Meeting (Hager),
Wednesday February 17th Green 1-CBS 5th grade Math
Thursday February 18 th Blue 2, Trinity Science Solutions, PTA Founders Day 6:00 p.m. CBA 5th Reading
Friday-February 19th Purple 3-Norma Jackson 4th grade,
Number Talks are on campus in the Library! It has a DVD with videos that model how to build number sense with students.
- Feb. 17th - 5th grade MATH
- Feb.18th - 5th grade READING
- Feb. 23rd - 2nd-4th READING
- Feb. 25th - 2nd-5th S.S.
- Mar. 2nd - 2nd-4th MATH
- Mar. 3rd - 2nd-5th SCIENCE
5th Grade - You will receive an email that includes a schedule and small groups for this week's CBAs. You will give the tests to your homeroom this time around since we will be pulling out for small group testing.
Just wanted to give some feedback on Friday's fire drill. To start it off, I will say that everyone did a nice job of keeping their students in a quiet line. I noticed some of you snagged some stragglers on your way out to make sure everyone made it out safely.
On the flip side, it did take us longer than usual to get out of the building, so that is something to keep in mind for the next time. Yes, I know the drill was a surprise to you and it was during some of your Valentine's parties. I promise that wasn't on purpose. Also, a teacher's red card got missed, which the office staff will work to improve the next time as we want to make sure ALL our students are out safely.
Staff Member of the Month
It's that time! Please nominate someone you feel has gone above and beyond! Submit by the end of the day on Wednesday.
Once upon a time in the land of Binion...
All the students and teachers recognize the power of literacy by celebrating World Read Aloud Day!
February 24th is World Read Aloud Day where students, teachers, and people all around the world truly read aloud to acknowledge everyone has the right to learn to read and write.
This is not mandatory and you do not have to participate.
If you would like to participate, here's how:
- Dress as your favorite story character (Just an idea - Teams can get together and all dress the same according to a theme).
- Invite people to come read to your class (I.e. police officers, firefighters, BISD personnel, family members, Mrs. Hager, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Wood, etc.). If you choose to have people come read to your class, I would suggest contacting them ASAP. Please give your final schedule of readers to me, so I can let the office staff know who we are expecting on Feb. 24th).
- When I was in the classroom, I would skype with friends and family members across the world. They would just read aloud a book to my class via skype. A very cool experience!
- Have students bring their favorite book to read to the class.
- Mrs. Wasserman will be placing a sign up sheet in the teacher's lounge for you to sign up a student or two to read to the cafeteria during their lunch time.
- For more ideas, visit this WRAD website here.
We will be sending a note home sometime this week to students. We are encouraging them to dress as their favorite STORY character as well. Please let me know if you have any questions.
As I watched the math bee, I was particularly taken with the intense focus of a child who I had NEVER seen focus when I was in a situation to observe. It showed me an entirely new side to this student. Thanks, Ms. Burroughs for taking this on again!
Getting to Know You Mystery Person of the Week
* Graduated from a university in a state adjacent to Texas... OK... in New Mexico .
* Loves sports... especially the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, and BISD middle and high school events
A favorite book: Charlotte's Web
Favorite Hobby: Reading
A few favorite musicians: Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Shania Twain
Favorite TV Shows: Notting Hill; NCIS
* Favorite Vacation Trip: An Alaskan Cruise
* Bucket list vacation trip... Hawaii--- and cruise the islands
* an OOPS moment... "...I was by myself in the classroom, leaning back in my chair against the window... when CRACK! The back of the chair broke off! I thought how funny it would be if I was found laid out on the ground outside the windowQ!"
* Favorite Foods: Mexican
* Person to have private dinner with... "Tom Hanks"
* What you like most about your team..." Great support constantly!"
Email me your guess by noon tomorrow. The winning guesses will go in the drawing for a jeans pass!!
Get to Know your Colleagues!
Have You Seen This!!!
StoryKit is a multimedia storytelling mobile app. It allows users to create electronic storybooks and share them with others. StoryKit is a practical tool for teachers. They can use it to create their own storytelling books and share them with their students. It is all free and anyone can use it easily. StoryKit is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone touch, and iPad.
http://bie.org/project_search/results/search&channel=project_search&category=315&&316&ps_first=315&ps_second=316/P30also Tier 1 Project Base Learning Ideas
http://www.texaspsp.org/ Project Base Learning Ideas
- Reading Fluency Passage Generator
Want to see our page?
Want to see our page?
Text to : 81010
Text this Message: @binion