April 8th Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
2018-2019 Campus Mission and Vision
Brittany Musser Spec. Ed. Instructional Support
As many of you already may know, I started my time at Lewisville Elementary originally as the ACE Site Coordinator. During my first semester, I worked hard to build strong connections with our young ponies and the staff that I worked closely with. It was these bonds that led me to pursue a daytime role here at LVES when I realized that my grad school schedule would not allow me to continue on in my role as the ACE Site Coordinator. Even though I miss terribly being able to spend time with my ACE kiddos after school, I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with so many other new students and staff members.
Having grown up in Texas my whole life with limited opportunities to travel, I always knew I would want to leave for my undergraduate degree. I traveled to NYC with my journalism class my junior year of high school and immediately fell in love with the city. I ended up at NYU, including a semester abroad in Florence, for my undergrad. After having graduated with a degree in Philosophy, I knew inevitably I wanted to be in public service but was unsure in what capacity.
Upon graduation, I returned and ended up accepting a part time job with CISNT as I looked for full time work. This eventually led to a full time job with CISNT, which eventually led me to consider going back to school to pursue a degree that would allow me to work in local or state government. Now I’m a full time graduate student at UNT pursuing my Masters degree in Public Administration. Within a few years I hope to be in an Assistant City Manager/City Manager role somewhere within the DFW area, but until then I plan on staying right here with my Pony Family.
Ms. Brittany Fun Facts:
-My mom and Dirk Nowitzki are my heroes.
-My dog Roscoe is my favorite creature on the planet.
-I have three incredible nieces.
-Reading is my favorite hobby.
-I love love love to travel.
LVES STAAR Logistics
Please click HERE to review LVES Logistics for Testing.
All staff members can wear jeans on Tuesday and Wednesday if you pair them with one of the following:
- LVES "SuperSTAAR" t-shirt or testing themed shirt
- Any LVES school shirt
- Any College t-shirt
As an added treat we will be providing hot dogs and chips for lunch on Tuesday!
Congratulations Mrs. Hayes
Student of the Month
Student Recognition: I-Statement: I create meaningful and positive relationships with all students.
We will recognize students with a certificate and breakfast with Mrs. Valdes on Thursday, April 11th, in the library, at 7:45 AM.
An announcement will be made asking for the students to report to the cafeteria. Please send them on time.
Click here to see which students were referred.
Staff Members of the Month
Staff Recognition: I -Statement: I will be positive and encouraging every day.
- Ruben Ledesma - Mr. Ledesma is always a beacon of light! He has great relationships with his students as well as the staff. He is humorous and quick to step up and step in when needed. He is a pleasure to work with.
- Belinda Rubio - Mrs. Rubio is always so helpful and will do anything asked! I appreciate her so much.
- Mrs. Sammon! She works tirelessly and with a smile to support students and teachers inside and out of the classroom!
- Mrs. Rowland! TELPAS is a lot and you worked so hard to support students and teachers during a busy time!
- Mr. Thomas - he is always positive with his students, and encourages them to be the best they can be.
- Ms. Medrano - she's an inspiration to the students & she is a breath of fresh air.
- Ms. Lawson - For being a Super Star in organizing test administration for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades.
- Mrs. Ramos, for always being so cheerful and kind.
- Becker - For supporting and encouraging all those that are around her all the time. She stays positive through everything. She has jumped at the idea to join in on fun, engaging activities around the school to motivate her students.
- Dickinson - Positive and encouraging to her students and peers. She is flexible and willing to adjust to changes around her.
- Stephanie Frederick
- Mrs. Rowland. She was amazing motivating staff and supporting staff during the LPAC process.
- Ms. Medrano
- Our janitor! She does a fabulous job and always has a warm smile!
- Mrs. Crawley - she's a great neighbor to have!
- Our daytime janitor who comes to clean up in a hurry!
- Samia Rutherford is very supportive to the teachers and always willing to help us.
- Mrs. Medrano is very knowledgeable in the materials she is teaching and is always ready to help our students.
- Mike Fitzgerald: Thank you for your patience with some of our hardest students.
- Coach W: He has such a passion for all the students and builds relationships with them.
- Mrs. Morales: She is so kind to all my students and helps them greatly during pony time! I couldn't do it without her.
- Mrs. Wooster, she is always so helpful and goes out of her way to help everyone.
- Ms. Brittany, she is always smiling and has a positive attitude.
- Mrs. Butler- always going above and beyond
- Mrs. Dickinson- She is always helpful and positive!
- Mrs. Crawley-she always is positive and seems genuinely excited to be with her kids. I appreciate her "good mornings" when I see her and the little chats that we have at times.
- Mrs. Ramage-She keeps track of all of these enrolling and un-enrolling kids like a champ. I couldn't do it!
- Oporto! A fantastic example of going above and beyond for students and doing so much behind the scenes that she never seeks recognition for. She is trustworthy, a great listener, and a phenomenal teacher with creative ideas.
- Alicia Rowland - always willing to help and offer resources to teachers. She is cheerful, supportive, and has amazing ideas.
- Araceli Hernandez is a fantastic educator. Not only is she always there for her students, she is always available to help any adult on the entire LVES Staff.
- Nurse Rachel is simply the best.
- Teresa O'Donnell is an amazing teacher who always smiles at everyone looking to see how she can be a blessing to students and teachers. Thank you Teresa for your wonderful personality and friendliness. She teaches her students with such passion.
- Nuzmerida (Meri) Medrano is a super and dedicated person. Always willing to help out in anyway she can with a kindful heart. She enjoys working with students and gives her all in doing so.
- Jowita Cichy - thank you for being a great team player and sharing your wealth of knowledge with the rest of us.
- Gabby Morales - Thank you for always being such a great support in our classroom.
- Stephanie Frederick: Stephanie is very invested in her students and it shows in the way she teaches and encourages them. She cares for her students and does an amazing job!
- Gabby Morales: Gabby is thorough and kind, very in tune with her students and always looking out for their best interests. She is a great asset to our school!
- Ms. Zamora for all the work behind the scenes on the rallies, rotation calendar, 5th grade incentive sheets, and all the other helpful things for the specials team.
- Ms. Salazar-for being so reliable and helpful out front at car duty every morning.
- Veronica Sammon- she is always understanding, flexible and caring with her peers and students.
- Betty - she just rocks
- Mrs. Iraima Arocha - she is always willing to help, support, and encourage the students.
- Mrs. Sandra Hernandez - for all the hard work and support she always provides to help our students to be successful.
- Mrs. Varona - always thinking of ways to help all bilingual students.
- Mr. Reed - always polite and ready to do whatever is needed.
- Ms. O'Donnell : she its always positive and kind to all students and staff.
- Medrano, Meri: She is always kind and willing to help.
- Villegas-hard working
- Oden-always helpful
- Ms. O'Donnell
- Ms. Nuzmerida (Meri) Medrano
- Teresa O'Donnell
- Elda Ratzlaff
- Kate Carlson - Kate is always willing to assist wherever needed.
- Afternoon Custodian - He goes out of his way to make our rooms look clean.
- Ms.Cichy...she has a tough group but she never gives up and cares a lot about her students and their success
- Michele Snell...she is always willing to jump in and help where necessary and has a great attitude with the kids and staff!
- Kristin Frazier : She is ALWAYS supportive and encouraging!
- Betty Guerrero...she is ALWAYS willing to go the extra mile for EVERYONE and always has a smile to share!
- Mrs. Sammon
- Miss Brittany!!!
- Kilam for always being so thoughtful and considerate. She has saved me so much time and stress during the most stressful part of the year.
- Dickinson because she is always there to help me in any way she can.
congratulations to our April teacher and staff of the month!
- Mrs. Blake will be off the week of April 8th to the 12th. She will back on the 15th.
Staff Learning April 17th
Staff Learning (4/17) Agenda:
- Restorative Practices and snacks- 5th grade (10 Minutes)
- Retention Procedures
- Pinks and Blues (2019-2020 class rosters).
- Review of Panorama survey
Our Pony Week
- Lang. Arts 3-5 LF on campus
Tuesday, April 9th:
- 4th Writing STAAR
- 5th Math STAAR
- Librarian Day
- NO TEKS & ELPS Collaboration (STAAR Week)
- 1st Grade to LISDOLA
- Tutoring K-2nd Only
- Lunch provided
Wednesday, April 10th
- 5th Reading STAAR
- Advisory Mtg. w/ Principal 3:15 to 4:15
- Taryn Hackworth BD
- Venita Blake BD
Thursday, April 11th
- Student of the Month Breakfast
- Sharica Jones BD
Friday, April 12th
- Spirit Day
- Mrs. Valdes is off campus.
- Ms. Lawson will be packing the STAAR test.
- Mrs. Burleson will be leading several ARDs.
- Ms. Snell, Mrs. Anguita and Mrs. Rowland will assist with behavior.
- New Teacher Meeting
Tuesday, April 16th
- TEKS & ELPS Collab. 3rd, 4th, K
- Boys LWAL
Wednesday, April 17th
- Dress for Success
- Technology LF
- Staff Learning 3:15 - 4:30
Thursday, April 18th
- McDonald's Night
Friday, April 19th
- HOLIDAY/ No School
Ms. Lawson and all who helped her behind the scenes with our STAAR training presentation. Thank you for making the quantity of information less overwhelming to absorb.
- Mrs. Vando for always being available and being AMAZING at multitasking!
- Mrs. Gray for always being open to learning and supporting her team.
- To all the teachers and staff that stopped in to support our CIS student of the year. It was very much appreciated!
- Mr. Anderson for making sure our boys were extra stylish for the celebration!
- Ms. Betty for helping decorate for my Student of the Year celebration
- Mrs. Kilam for always supporting our students and the CIS program.
- Mrs. Betty, Ms. Ramage (and the crew), Mrs. Ramos, Ms. Becker, and Mrs. Carlson for coming to help decorate for our SuperSTAARs.
- Thank you Mrs. Rubio and Mrs. Betty for making sure each of our 3rd-5th grade students have a star with their beautiful faces and names on them
- Thank you Mrs. Hayes for the aaaaaaaaammmmmaaaaaaazing banners and Oscar posters. You are a ROCKSTAR!
- Thank you Mr. Dixson for preparing all of the materials bags for our test tubs.
- Thank you Mrs. Oden and Mrs Rutherford for verifying student info. this week.
- Thank you Mr. Hernandez for delivering snacks and preparing folders.
- Thank you to all 4th and 5th grade test administrators for turning in your checklists, prepping your rooms, and turning in all materials needed for this week.
- Thanks to PTA for providing light snacks for our test administrators.
- Thank you Mrs. Vando for putting up all of our testing signs around the building.
Happy April Birthdays
- Rachael Myers - April 1st
- Lacey Troyer- April 3rd
- Robert Reed - April 5th
- Taryn Hackworth - April 10th
- Venita Blake - April 10th
- Sharica Jones - April 11th
- Marla Rodriguez - April 22nd
- Antoinette Boston - April 24th