Rocket Weekly News
Week of May 2, 2016 to May 7, 2016
Each Day, Each Child, SUCCESS!
DISD Student Achievement Goals
Goal 2-Dallas ISD schools will be the primary choice for families in the district.
Goal 3-The achievement gap by race, ethnicity, and socio economic status will be no greater than 10 percentage points on all academic measures.
Goal 4-Ninety-five percent of students will graduate. Ninety percent of the graduates will qualify for community college, college, military, or industry certification.
Goal 5- Ninety-five percent of students entering kindergarten will be school-ready based on a multidimensional assessment.
Goal 6-All students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular.
Dear Maple Lawn Educator,
The job of being an educator is truly the hardest job I think anyone could have. The impact of this work is so fulfilling and significant, and it all starts with the most important person in the classroom, the teacher. I am so thankful for my teachers and staff I currently work with. The learning they plan, the environment they create, the friendships they help foster, it's all incredible.
You are a super talented group of teachers who want nothing but the best for our students and families. It is a privilege to lead such a committed group of individuals. Thank you for everything you do each and everyday to make Maple Lawn such a great place to be.
1. Reminder SLO deadline is approaching. Info is due to your spread sheet by May 13th.
2. Reminder of PDP deadline is also on May 13th, so upload your certificates that are not already on School Net.
3. Over the next few weeks we will be sending out Drafts of the summative and will send out a calendar with specific meeting times for your summative conference. If you have additional artifacts/evidence to support additional points on the summative please present at your summative meeting
4. We did review the TEI rubric for Domains 1 and 4 which will be included in scoring for the summative. I also mentioned that there are no .5 scoring options on the summative, we can only score 0,1,2,or 3. Be sure to Read the Rubric.
5. In addition, I discussed collaborating to develop an instructional framework for each content area. This would provide the structure for PD, PLC's, planning and assessments for 16-17. We also discussed how this would support vertical planning.
6. We discussed about building capacity and having staff reflect on their own leadership in our school and what this would look like for the 16-17 school year.
7. We discussed how the instructional framework and building teacher capacity all support a highly effective organization that can be sustained.
JEANS for the Week!
Week at a Glance 5/2 through 5/7
Teacher Appreciation Week!!!Monday 5/2
3:15 Monday meeting on Tuesday- Attendance Mandatory
4:00 Principal Focus Group Meeting (Derrick)
3:15 Attendance for Credit Meeting
2:00-6:00 Park Cities Drive 4 UR Community Fundraising Event
Science Saturday- 5th graders
District Job Fair
Lone Star Competition @ Conrad High School