THE THORSON WEEKLY
Week of December 14, 2015
EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Sped Department Meeting - 7:45 a.m. - Computer Lab
- Jaguar Jumpstart All-School Meeting - 8:45 a.m. - Gym
- PTO Meeting - 7:00 p.m. - Library
Tuesday, December 15
- PBIS Committee Meeting - 7:45 a.m. - Computer Lab
- Teacher Compensation Plan Meeting - 3:45 p.m. - Computer Lab
- 4K Implementation Team Meeting - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 16
- Barbara Hilliker will be here for co-teaching and other consultation
- Emergency Response Team Meeting - 3:45 p.m. - Computer Lab
- School Board Meeting - 7:00 p.m. - CHS LGI
Thursday, December 17
- Faculty Meeting - 7:45 a.m. - Art Room
- Angela has a Crisis Management Team Meeting at DO at 10:00 a.m.
- EC Holiday Programs - 10:15 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- 5th grade to CPAC for rehearsal - 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- 5th Grade Sounds of the Season Concert - 6:30 p.m. - CPAC
Friday, December 18
- December 22 - Staff Holiday Breakfast
- December 23 - January 3- Winter Break
"NUTS AND BOLTS" NOTES
Teacher Compensation Plan Meetings
Monday, December 14 at 2:50 PM at CHS in the cafeteria
Tuesday, December 15 at 3:45 at Thorson Elementary
Wednesday, December 16 at 3:00 PM at Webster
Thursday, December 17 at 7:50 AM at Parkview
Friday, December 18 at 8:00 AM at Westlawn
Problem Solving Cycles
RtI Update #1Each of our schools have been utilizing a process to regularly convene a school problem solving team to discuss the needs of students. Whether it be an academic area of need, a behavioral challenge or an area of notable strength (including gifted and talented students), schools have been utilizing a process that works for them.
To capitalize on the strengths of each of our schools and their own RTI processes, we've unified our approaches. Three team meeting structures will be utilized at each school to ensure the problem solving process is systematically implemented. Below are three keys areas around the RtI process that each school will now be using, effective January 2016.
- Universal Screening - 3 times per year
- Mid-Cycle Progress Review - 2 times per year
- District Calibration of Practice - 2 times per year
Welcome To Thorson's Newest Bundles of Joy!
Margaret Marie Schwanz was born on December 9th and 9:10pm and was 9lbs 4oz and 21.5in long.