IRAQ & AFGHANISTAN WAR
- Obama said that it should be more difficult to buy high-powered weapons
- Obama sent troops to Iraq to find and kill Osama Bin Laden, and succeeded
- Obama believes that terrorists are turning to less complicated acts of violence
- Law enforcement agencies and FBI has been sent and disrupted countless plots in America and overseas to keep Americans safe
- He continues to send the military to hunt down terrorists in any country where it is necessary
MAP OF MIDDLE EAST
After the killing of Bin Laden many other things have happened. For example Americans begin to believe that all Muslims are terrorists and become frightened when near them. Over 6,000 United States soldiers were killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan war. There had been a concern that the US would be able to use the "war on terror" to pursue aggressive policies.
- ISIS: Obama believes that fighting ISIS is one of his top priorities. He said his number one priority is protecting all American people.
- Al-Queda: This group was led by Osama BIn Laden. Obama made sure that Bin Laden was killed.
- Guantanamo Bay: Obama gives a closure plan to Congress and says that they will keep the Facility open
- Dick Cheney: Obama and Cheney are related, they share a common ancestor