Parent Bulletin: SLCS Elementary
You can translate this newsletter! Just click on "Translate" on the right side of the screen and find your language!
Reminders / Upcoming Events
- Club sign ups for 2nd trimester. Here is a list of the clubs being offered for 2nd trimester. Here is the form to sign up. This must be in by Friday, December 9th. We will notify students what club they will be in by Monday, December 19th.
- The Winter Concert is Wednesday, December 14th at 6:30 p.m.
- Pajama Dress Down Day. On Friday, December 16th, we will have a pajama dress down day. Please make sure your child is dressed warm enough for the cold weather and with proper shoes for recess!
- No crocs on P.E. Day. Please make sure your child is wearing sneakers on the day they have P.E.
- 4th Grade Exhibition will be taking place on Tuesday, December 20th at 9:15 a.m. in the Upper Grades Cafeteria.
- 3rd Grade Exhibition will be taking place on Wednesday, December 21st in both cafeterias.
- Ice Cream available to purchase at lunch on December 22nd. Thursday, December 22 we will be offering ice cream for sale for $1.00. Your child must have a positive account balance of at least $1.00 plus the cost of their lunch in their accounts. Money MUST be turned in by Monday December 19th
- Honoring the holidays. We will be honoring Kwanzaa, Christmas, and New Year's during the week before winter break. If you would like to help decorate our cafeterias, please sign up here. Kwanzaa will be honored on Wednesday, December 21st, Christmas will be honored on Thursday, December 22nd, and New Year's will be honored on Friday, December 23rd. For all holidays, students may dress down wearing clothing to honor that holiday if they choose.
- Dress Down Day on Friday, December 23rd. It is a half day so dismissal will begin at 11:20 a.m. No lunch will be served.
- No school for students the week of December 26th. We will return to school on Tuesday, January 3rd.
Registration for students for 2023-2024
- If you have a child at School Lane and would like enroll a sibling here for next year, please come to school and fill out our application. We will need the child's birth certificate or passport, immunization records, and 4 proofs of residency, one of which should be the lease or mortgage.
- Re-enrollment of current School Lane students will happen in the spring. If your child is currently attending School Lane and you want to make sure they return next year, there will be a form you must fill out at some point in the late winter / early spring. We will give ample notice when that form is available for you to fill out.
Girls on the Run
On November 19th, the Girls on the Run club completed a 5K run. They worked hard all fall to prepare for it - congrats to all the girls!
1st Grade Exhibition
Our first graders showed off their science knowledge of lights and shadows by incorporating it with their love of stories by performing a puppet show!
Home & School Updates
- Mr. Robinson is getting not one but TWO pies in his face! Our Lou’s pie fundraiser was a huge success, with a grand total of 558 pies sold!! Fifth grade student Blake Cowell came in 1st place – selling 47 pies! In close second was second grade student Alana O’Neill – selling 46! Later this month there will be a special assembly for students where they will get to see the action!
- Last call for Texas Roadhouse gift card orders! Please return all completed forms and payment by Monday December 5th! Remember to buy one for yourself to use at the January 19th dine out!
- Monday December 12th – Dine out with us at Red Robin in Oxford Valley, they will be donating 20% of all proceeds back to SLCS! Make sure to show your flyer!
- Wednesday December 28th (6-8pm) – New this year we have rented the Ice Skating rink at Flyers Skate Zone NE Philadelphia for SLCS Families and Friends! Ice Skate Rental is included in your ticket cost. Prices are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Save money and submit your ticket orders by Wednesday December 14th.
- Friday January 13th (6-8pm) – Another new event we will be hosting this year is the Snow Ball, a winter formal dance! Ticket forms and payment are requested by January 4th, and cost $5 per child. Adult chaperones are free.
- The Home & School Association wishes all of you a wonderful Holiday Season and a Happy and Healthy New Year! We invite you to join us on Monday January 23rd at 5pm for our next meeting❤