Use of MAP Results
Our District uses the data from this assessment in a variety of ways. In the classroom, it provides teachers with a means for monitoring student growth in reading and mathematics over time. At the District and building levels, MAP data help us set goals and evaluate initiatives. Finally, MAP will continue to be one of several indicators used to identify the impact of the pandemic on our students’ achievement and learning.
Course Placement for 2022-23
Specific recommendations for math placement at grades 3-8 as well as middle school language arts and social studies placement for 2022-23 have not yet been defined. Historically, MAP scores have been included in the requirements for students to move into advanced courses. It is expected that the fall data point will be utilized for 2022-23 placement decisions.
Preparing for MAP
- A student who is well-rested, well-fed, and has a positive attitude about assessment is best prepared for testing. You can help your child do his or her best by considering these tips:
- Make sure that your child is in school and on time on test days.
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast before each day of testing.
- Remind your child that this assessment is only one measure. Emphasize that you have confidence in his or her ability to do the best job possible.
- Remind your child to listen to the directions and read each question carefully during testing.
Communication of Student Scores
Your child’s score report will be sent home after administration is complete and all reports are printed. We appreciate your ongoing support.
The D181 Positive Case Report Spreadsheet is posted on the D181 website and updated daily on student attendance days at 4 p.m.
ALL K-5 Prospect Families - Before and After the Bell
The Community House will be offering their Before and After the Bell programs at Prospect School to help meet the needs of our families.
For more information about either program, please contact Taylor Enger at 630-323-7500 ext. 248 or at firstname.lastname@example.org