NCHS June Staff Meeting
Safe Environment - Caring Staff - Engaging Instruction
June 4, 5, 8, 9, 10 (make up exam day).
Students are dismissed from classes at 11:00. It has been mandated that we serve lunch. Students who are car riders can leave campus at 11:00. Those who ride a bus must
report to the cafeteria until 11:30. We will need help with supervision in the cafeteria.
On the exam day that coincides with your planning period, please report to the cafeteria
at 10:55, unless you are administering an exam that is not complete.
June 10th all will dismiss at 10:30.
1. Grades- By the end of each exam day, please have everything but the final exam and the final grade posted in Powerschool.Teachers of classes with delayed exam scores will be expected to enter exam grades when they arrive. This can be done remotely. Scores should be delayed no more than 4-5 days. You will receive scores and directions from Ms. Gwaltney.
2. Exam Policy- Exams (of any type) will count 25% of the final grade.
3. Do’s and Don’ts during EOCs- Please do not play music during or after exams. This is distracting to other classes. You are NOT to send kids to the restroom during an EOC. If it is an emergency, use the plan outlined during EOC training. DO NOT let students leave your room when they are done with exams. They stay the entire time. Do not tell students to bring pillows or blankets to school.
4. IEPs and modifications- please make sure to follow all IEP modifications during testing.
5. Exam exemptions- Seniors with 85 or above for the semester and 3 or less absences.
6. Please do not park in the gym lot during testing. This area is reserved for our proctors.
1. Graduation- June 12th 12:30. Graduation Practice (required for senior homeroom teachers) June 10th 4:00. Senior homeroom teachers are dismissed at 10:45 on the 10th. Please be at the arena by 3:15. Both events will be at the Cabarrus Arena. Please see your assigned duty and the arena map (attached). All staff, regardless of duty, are required to stay for the entire graduation.
2. Cumulative Folders- senior homeroom teachers will complete the folders on June 11th at 7:30 in the cafeteria. Due to the delay in test scores, we will complete the 9-11 records on June 23 at 8:00. We need volunteers to help with this, and will be offering one day of swap time to carry over to next year. Please email me if you are willing to help. This should take no more than 90 minutes.
3. End-of-year Checklist- Please make sure that you complete all items by June 12th.
4. School Improvement Team at large member/bell schedule for next year.
5. End of Year Luncheon- Thursday June 11th at 11:30 in the cafeteria. If your department has someone retiring, please plan to recognize them at the luncheon.