Grade 2 Newsletter
All the girls did an excellent job at Choral Festival!
Having a great time learning French with the Grade 9/10 Students!
Junior School Orchestra
Great Job to the Grade 2 Aqua Members who performed on Monday Morning Assembly!
We are learning about Explanation Writing right now in class. We started introducing this unit by making Guacamole together, and the girls had to write their own 'How to make Guacamole' Recipe! The girls should have all taken their recipes home to show you! Thank you to those who made it this weekend and sent me photos!
We have also been working hard on our Reading Comprehension during Book Club as well as independently and sequencing stories.
We will be moving on from Multiplication to Measurement. We are learning the different vocabulary terms that are used in Measurement as well as Millimeters, Centimeters and Meters.
IPC: Water Field Trip
Thank you to all the parents who have offered to come to the Water Museum with us! I will send out an email on Friday to let you know who will be coming with us on the exciting day! Even though you cannot make it, please fill out the form by this Friday, the 13th please. This is still a permission slip to allow your daughter to be able to go on this Field Trip.
Spring Show on Friday, May 13th from 4:30PM
Spring Show will be happening this Friday, May 13th from 4:30PM. The Junior School Choir will be performing at this special event!! If your daughter is in Choir, they do not need to be picked up at 3:00PM. The teachers will take full care of the Choir members until they are picked up after the show at around 6:30PM.
Here are a few reminders for that day from Mr. Nicholson:
- The dress code is blue jeans and a brightly coloured T-shirt (with no logo or design if possible).
- Please send an extra snack with your daughter to be eaten before the performance
- The girls will need to remain seated after they sing and watch the entire performance, which will end at approximately 6:00 p.m. The JS Choir will be joining the MS and HS Choirs on stage for the final number.
- May 19th (Thursday) - PE will be on this day instead of Friday for this week only.
- May 20th (Friday) - NO PE
- May 27th (Friday - Junior School Sports Day
- June 2 (Thursday) - Field Trip
- June 7 (Tuesday) - JS Talent Show
- June 8th (Wednesday) - End of Year Party!