Polson Family Update
École Polson Park Public School January 29th 2023
Pink Shirt Day Order Information
On February 22nd, it's Pink Shirt Day at Polson! If you would like to order a pink shirt in support of BCBG Club and Big Brothers Big Sisters, please see the instructions below.
- Order Pink Shirt Day items and take a stand against bullying
Pink Shirt sales are completed online, via a secure Shopify account, with shipping or scheduled pick up options available.
Please CLICK HERE to access the Shopify store.
Orders close on February 1, 2023.
Coming Up This Week:
Monday, January 30th Day 5
- Anti-Islamophobia Awareness Day -Quebec Mosque Day of Remembrance
Tuesday, January 31st Day 1
- Queen's Daily Physical Activity Group 1- AM (Carrol Blommestyn Tiffany)
Wednesday, February 1st Day 2
- February is Black History Month
- Last Day for Pink Shirt orders-see information and link above
- Welcome David Melhorn-Boe from Beyond Classrooms workshop -Mme Scott
- Highland Dance Club: Mme Martha, Lehoux, Carroll/Underhill
- Board Game Club after school until 5pm
Thursday, February 2nd Day 3
- Jive Dance Grade 4 (5/6 coaches welcome) 10:50 am in the gym
- Queen's DPA Group 2 PM (Shultz, Runte, Renaud)
Friday, February 3rd PA Day-No Classes
February 13th SAC meeting 6 pm
February 14th Red, Pink & White Spirit Day Day
February 16th - SAC Polson February Family Dance
February 16th -Start to Finish Program begins
February 16th SAC Family Dance
February 22nd -Pink Shirt Day
February 24th - Polson Carnaval
Immunization of School Pupils Act Enforcement
Under the ISPA, Immunization of School Pupils Act, guardians of students attending school in Ontario must provide proof of immunization, or a valid exemption from immunization to KFL&A Public Health for designated diseases. Students who do not have an up-to-date immunization record or valid exemption on file at KFL&A Public Health, ISPA will receive an ISPA Notice. KFL&A Public Health will be offering immunization clinics through the month of February. Please contact KFL&A Public Health if you have any questions.
(613) 549-1232, ext. 1451.
KFL&A Public Health Message to LDSB Families
While public health guidance has not changed since November, Limestone continues to work closely with KFL&A Public Health to communicate up-to-date information about the current state of respiratory viruses and actions that students, families, and staff can take to reduce transmission of illness within our communities. As we know, some members of our communities, including students and staff in schools, are more susceptible to illness so limiting spread is important.
KFL&A Public Health continues to encourage getting back to the basics that we know work to help limit the transmission of illnesses in our community, including:
- Monitoring daily for symptoms and staying home when sick.
- Wearing a well-fitted mask in all indoor public spaces is strongly recommended, including schools and childcare settings.
- Students and staff returning to school after being sick should wear a well-fitted mask for a total of 10 days after the start of any illness in all public settings (including schools and childcare settings) and avoid non-essential activities where mask removal is necessary.
- Staying up to date with vaccines.
- Washing your hands regularly.
- Cleaning high-touch surfaces regularly.
Masks and rapid antigen tests (RAT) continue to be available for all Limestone students and staff.
Thank you to students, families, and staff for your continued efforts to practice public health recommendations to help keep our schools and school communities safe – we are all in this together.
Limestone District School Board
Choices at 7 Atlas Leap Challenge Information
Odessa PS – January 10
Loughborough PS – January 11
Calvin Park PS – January 12
All sessions will begin at 6:00 p.m. For more information, please follow the link below:
Way to go, Jivers!
Winter Weather Ahead!
As we look ahead to more snowy weather, we may have a few more inclement weather days and bus cancellations that affect students. A reminder that when buses are cancelled in the morning, they also do not run at the end of the day. If your child is unable to come to school safely on these days, you have the option of entering an absence by selecting "inclement weather" or "bus cancellations" where appropriate. If your child is dropped off at school instead of taking a bus on inclement weather days, please make sure to notify the teacher of their dismissal plan.
As always, please make sure that your child is dressed for winter weather, with extra mittens/socks in case they get wet. If you need assistance with providing boots/snowsuits, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Sign Up for Online Payments!
Our school now uses a new secure online portal that will allow families to complete payments for things such as hot lunch orders and permission forms for field trips online. Most of our families are signed up! Please use your child's individual code to register if you haven't yet done so.
Login to School-Day
If you have existing School-Day account, please click Log In With Existing Account and use the email address associated to it to log in. Once logged in if you wish you can update your account to use the 'Sign in with Microsoft' feature by following the instructions here.
COVID-19 Protocol Updates
The Limestone District School Board welcomes a full return to in-person learning for the 2022-2023 school year. A s we have done since March 2020, if public health and provincial requirements changes, we will adjust our plans. regarding isolation and masking requirements. for all public and private schools for the 2022-2023 school year .
Tutoring and Online Learning Resources Available
Tutoring and Online Learning Resources Available As part of the Ministry of Education Tutoring Grant, LDSB is offering an afterschool drop-in Virtual Tutoring Program for Limestone students in Grades 1 to 10. Tutoring will be available through MS Teams from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
A few reminders:
- The parking lots have limited space; please do not linger.
- Please remember that accessibility spots are for families with permits only.
- The area in front of the school is a Bus Zone. No parking, idling, or drop-offs are permitted.
- Yard supervision begins at 8:55 am. The school day begins at 9:10 am.
Please see the image below to make sure you are aware of bus zones and no-drop off areas.Thank you for looking out for our students and keeping everyone safe!
School Messenger App
For more information please follow the links below.
École Polson Park Public School
Location: 165 Robert Wallace Drive, Kingston, ON K7M 1Y3, Canada