October 15, 2017
Upcoming This Week:
Monday, October 16th
- Progress Reports sent home (these did not get handed out Friday due to the PPW Volleyball game)
- BJH Lady Eagles Volleyball @ Tolar 4:00
Tuesday, October 17th
- 6th grade Running Club 3:30
- BJH Tennis vs Tison @ BHS 4:00
Wednesday, October 18th
- Fall Sports Pictures (see picture schedule link below)
- NHS Tutoring 3:30 BHS Library
- Young Men's Leadership - Dallas Mavericks
Thursday, October 19th
- BJH Football vs. Paradise 4:30
Friday, October 20th
- The Ranch Pep Rally at BHS 8:50 a.m.
Saturday, October 21st
- HS UIL Regional Band Marching Contest
- BEST Robotics Competition
Coyote Chase Race: Brock Junior High is competing as a campus in the upcoming Coyote Chase Race sponsored by Weatherford College. The event will be held on Saturday, November 18th starting at 9:00 am. There is a 5k (3.1 miles) or a one-mile run that morning. If you would like to participate, you can pick up a form in the Junior High office or register online at www.wc.edu/chaserace
If you sign up as a member of the Brock Team, packets will be delivered to the Junior High prior to the race. If you have any questions, contact Bobby Atchley at email@example.com.
BHS will be selling Halloween "Boo" grams in the coming weeks. Once we have more information we will get that to you all.
UIL: UIL practices are off and running. The 5th grade District UIL Meet is December 5th. 6th - 8th grade District UIL Meet is December 12th.
Baby Food Jars: Mrs. Judd, the Art teacher, is asking for clean baby food jars for her classroom. Please feel free to drop those off in the front office. Thanks!
Red Ribbon Week (RRW): We will celebrate RRW, October 30th - November 3rd. Be on the lookout for more information to come regarding these 2 weeks.
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - firstname.lastname@example.org. We have our 1st Book Fair scheduled to kick off on Monday, October 23rd!
Events Around the Area
Brock 4-H is hosting a Fish Fry Fundraiser Saturday, October 21st at 5:00 p.m. at Brock Volunteer Fire Department. Click here for information about the fish fry or click here for information about Brock 4H.
ArtsGoggle will be in Fort Worth this Saturday, October 21st. Click here for more information about this outdoor local Arts/Music festival.
Brock Baptist will be hosting a fun night of festivities with Trunk or Treat on October 29th from 5 - 7.
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com
- Friday, October 20th - The Ranch (there was a date change)
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.