Week of August 24th
"Don't hope for a great school year. MAKE it a great year. DESIGN FOR a great year." - Lori Vicenzo
I'd like for us to capture as much of tomorrow as we can! Please tweet out your favorite pictures, moments, and kids' quotes using #AustinBackToSchool. We'll have a little something special for our "Top Tweeter" tomorrow afternoon!
First Week Happenings...
- Kids will come straight to the classrooms Monday-Thursday. We will also allow parents to walk their kids down this first week.
- Tomorrow morning is the PTO's BooHoo/Yahoo Breakfast in the Library. Please help us by reminding parents to head to Library after dropping off their kids.
- This Friday morning will be our back to school Rise & Shine! I ask that you are in the Gym at 7:30 to help your class find their line/location.
Here's to a great week back!
SMORE Campus License
To help me make a decision, here is what I need from you... Team Leaders, please email me the answers to the following-
- Would your team use a license if it was purchased?
- How many licenses would you team use? 1 per teacher? 1 per rotation?
A few things to note in this issue-
- Dates/info regarding BOY assessments
- Dates for the upcoming Stop, Collaborate, & Listen (hosted HERE at Austin!). Please make sure each team is represented.
- Science pre- and post- unit assessments
Red & Black Shirts
You heard the Foundation and Dr. Waldrip mention Red & Black Jeans Days. You may also use this shirt for a jeans day each Thursday through October. :)
Let's support our Ed Foundation!
Life Principle - Integrity
Quote - "In matters of style, swim with the current. In matter of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson
Healthy Tip - Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables per day.
Week At A Glance
Monday - #AustinBackToSchool
- First Day Back!
- BooHoo/Yahoo Breakfast in the Library
- Enjoy your day!
- Hopefully you're getting back in your groove!
- Almost through the 1st week.
- Rise & Shine Schedule
- Rise & Shine (7:50), Teachers in Gym @ 7:30
Sept 1st - K/1/2 Curriculum Night at 6:00-7:00
Sept 2nd - 3:30 - Faculty Meeting (Behavior RtI Update)
Sept 3rd - 3/4/5 Curriculum Night at 6:00-7:00 (5th Pine Cove Meeting @ 7:00)
Sept 4th - E-Time