Sequoia Middle School Monday Memo
Monday, April 11th, 2016
Sequoia 'A' team celebrating their victory over Pine Hollow in the finals.
Learning about an exothermic reaction with resin with Mr. Willner.
Exciting yet...Stressful Weekend
State testing is upon us. We will begin Monday, May 2nd and continue for three weeks. The testing schedule will be released on Wednesday, at the staff meeting. While we not have a modified bell schedule, we will be sharing chromebooks for those three weeks. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Friday Early Release-
Reminder that this Friday, we will be on an early release schedule. I am working with department chairs to finalize PD schedules for the afternoon. We will finalize agenda by Wednesday.
MDUSD Sports -
We are still accepting students to play Football. Also we are looking for coaches. Let me know if you are interested. $500 stipend.
Meetings this week -
Wednesday, Staff Meeting 1:15 Social, 1:30 Meeting
Friday, Articulation Friday, 1pm Student Dismissal, 1:15-3PM PD
Shared Folder on Google Drive:
We are continuing to build our SMS Staff Resource Folder on Google Drive. Please feel free to add to it, or let me know if there is anything that you would like to have electronic access too.
Tweet(s) of the Week
Duty Schedule- Week of April 11th
Homework Club Schedule, Upcoming Events, Principal Goals, Calendar
Homework Club Schedule 2:45- 3:45
Monday – Warholic – A-3
Tuesday – Perlberg – C-7/English Learners Amerson - B4
Thursday – Sutherland - C-3/English Learners Enloe – B4
Principal Goals for 2015-2016
· Improve Communication/Outreach to all Sequoia Stakeholders
· Continued growth and implementation of Common Core Standards across the curriculum (rigor, writing, conceptual understanding, critical thinking)
· Create Meaningful Collaborative Opportunities for Students, Teachers, Schools
· Develop High Expectations for All Students (Support Students to Meet Them)
· Use Technology to Extend/Re-Define Learning Opportunities for Students
What I am working on:
- 2nd round of teacher observations
- Interviewing for open positions
- Initial Staffing projections 2016-2017
- Start of Master Scheduling process
Weekly Calendar of Events -
None other than Wednesday Meeting and Friday Articulation.
Click below for Master Calendar