Most Likely to Succeed-Film
Our Genesee County Superintendents' Association is Sponsoring the Film:
'Most Likely to Succeed'
Who: District Administrators
When: Thursday, August 18th
Where: Swartz Creek Performing Arts Center
- Welcome by Association Superintendent President
- Film Showing: Most Likely to Succeed
- Discussion (movie run time is approximately 90 minutes with 30 minute facilitated discussion following)
- Closing Comments and Thank you
Large Group Panel Discussion with District Follow Up
Small Group Discussion with Closing Comments
Send out smore invitation to all administrators
Smore will be available early next week
Literacy Coach Grant Update
Our goal is that all Literacy Coaches will be hired by June 30th.
The Genesee County Curriculum Directors have been looking at district data, discussing best practices and thinking about county wide efforts.
GCCC will meet for our last meeting on Tuesday, May 24th.
- Math Task Force created 29 Algebra I Testlets that are available NOW on Illuminate!
- Countywide Effort will be to:
Begin/Continue using Best Practices (9 Best Strategies for Math Instruction;
Collect Data and monitor progress/share
- Create sub committee for continued work next year (one of them being Math)
We are excited with the direction. By setting high standards, implementing researched-based best practices and monitoring progress we are anxious to see improved results.
Take-Aways from Educator Evaluation Workshop-Barb Ruga
- Conducting classroom observations
- Collecting evidence
- Conducting evaluation conferences
- Developing performance ratings
- Developing improvement plans
All vendors have answered these questions and should have language for districts to use.
School Improvement Dates for Next Year-Save the Dates
Fall 2016 School Improvement Conference
November 21-22, 2016 • Lansing Center, Lansing
Please check the MIEM website for registration details and hotel information mid-summer.
Fall NCA/AdvancED Conference
October 20-21, 2016* Suburban Collection Showplace, Novi
New Standards will be Launched
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
DUE September 1
Program Evaluation Templates
We are ready to come and get the word out to your students for Genesee GO! information. Please contact 591-4408 to schedule us in your high school soon!
Science PL for Administrators
PL@N A-2: Develop comprehensive multi-year plans for supporting the transition to Framework aligned instruction. *Prerequisite: must have completed A-1. - June 6.