Explorer's Week at a Glance
October 18, 2021
Galvan's Mission Statement
Galvan Faculty and Staff Use the CKH EXCEL Model Daily to Build Strong Relationships♥
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Rock Solid Explorers!!!
Galvan 31st Anniversary has been rescheduled for November 19th
Dates/Times to Note:
DATES/TIMES TO NOTE:
*** Please make sure to view all the Safety Videos required by the district due November 30th for our campus ***
Monday, October 18, 2021
- 3rd Grade District PLC 8:00-10:15 am
- Admin Meeting @ 1:00 pm
- Lead Team/CAT Meeting @ 3:25 pm
- Read-a-thon Fundraiser has raised over $5000.00
- Last week to set up GSPD Conference with appraiser
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
- New Teacher Tech Tuesday 4:30-5:30
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- 504 Meetings *Teachers please check your calendar invites for the scheduled meetings with Mrs. Alvarez
- 2nd Grade District PLCs 12:30-2:45 pm
- Flu Shot Clinic on campus @7:30 am
- Parent Liaison Meeting 8:30-12:00 pm @ Circ
- Faculty Meeting @ 3:25 pm in the library
Thursday, October 21, 2021
- ARD Meetings *Teachers please check your calendar invites for the scheduled meeting with Mrs. Gordon-Blanton or Ms. Ayala
- Principal Meeting all day @ CIRC Ybarra
- Lesson Plans Due by end of day by each grade level teacher
Friday, October 22, 2021
- Wear a Galvan T-Shirt for Jean's Day Friday!
- Carroll Tigers come out to greet our students in the morning
- Interim Reports (Progress Reports) available for parents to access
***October 26th 8:15-10:15 am- C&I Walks at Galvan with the Math, RLA, Title 1, Executive Director, and Technology Departments.
Galvan Year at a Glance:
PK/Kinder- 10 minutes
1st- 15 minutes
2nd- 20 minutes
3rd- 30 minutes
4th- 40 minutes
5th- 50 miinutes
Please only assign for grades (1st thru 5th) Spelling and AR Reading 4 times a week and Math twice a week. All grade levels need to be giving the same homework and doing the same assignments. Kinder/PK may practice their letters and sightwords.
ALL MEANS ALL in Working Together as a TEAM to Communicate Effectively:)
Teachers make sure to take ADA Attendance at 10:00 am Daily for accountability.
October is Self-Direct
What does it mean to Self-Direct?
Self-Direction is the ability and learned skill to cast a vision of future goals and then take intentional steps toward who, where, and what we want to be. Instead of focusing on things to control or avoid, we emphasize our responsibility to make positive choices related to our emotions, attitudes, and actions.
Why focus on Self-direction?
- Self-direction strengthens relationships. Self-direction helps to grow social skills and develop meaningful, positive relationships with others.
- Self-direction teaches personal responsibility. Learning to self-direct teaches students to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Self-direction helps us to regulate emotions: Self-direction empowers students to regulate their impulses and emotional responses to situations and circumstances in their life.
Self-Direction in Action:
- Practice goal setting and action planning. When we establish goals and develop action plans, we learn to take intentional steps to successfully achieve goals.
- Monitor and adjust. Provide students with regular feedback and opportunities to self-assess progress toward goals to make adjustments and improvements in their behaviors.
- Reflect and evaluate. Facilitate discussions and reflection to prompt students to examine what they do, think, and say against their goals and vision for their life and learning.
District 2021-22 Calendar
Please make sure not to use plug in oils that cause smells due to sensitivity to other's allergies.
District Expectation's Follow-up
2. Valley of the Vowels are posted in a V-shape and sound cards are up for grades Kinder thru 5th.
3. Deskshields are up checkerboard style in the cafeteria and classrooms until we recieve the rest of the deskshields.
4. District expects Professional Learning Communities to begin the 4th week of this grading period. Teachers will recieve 2 additional planning hours for next steps in the class and grade level.
5. Grades are entered weekly into the gradebook and submitted in a timely manner for IPR and Report Cards.
6. Emails are read in a timely manner to stay abreast important information and respond when nescessary.
7. Objectives are posted daily on the boards.
8. Attendance is taken daily iat 10:00 am n a timely manner.
9. Parent Logs are updated and turned into Mrs. Reyes for Title 1 documentation at the end of the grading period.
10. Per re-opening plan parents are not allowed to drop off school lunches after school starts. Please remind parents to make sure their child has their lunchbox before they are dropped off at school. We want to avoid miscommunication.
2. Dress Code is followed daily unless it's a school dress up day.
- Spirit Mondays may dress with Galvan shirt, slacks, or jeans. (refrain from wearing leggings or other t-shirts)
- Tuesday-Thursday dress professionally (refrain from wearing leggings, jeans, or t-shirts that are not School related)
- Refrain from wearing flip flops to avoid foot injury.
3. All staff children are to wait in the morning lines so they are safely monitored. They are not to be left unattened in the classrooms.
4. All Support Staff monitors are outside in the morning and open the doors at 7:45 am for the students to sanitize their hands then walk back to class in an orderly manner.
5. Please keep faculty/staff children from going into the staff lounge for safety purposes.
6. Refer to the 2021 Inclusion Teacher's list on the link below: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sgLXsX9e35utgrQnECnT8U64rqLZB_ZmIg9WK7Leask/edit?usp=sharing