WOMS Wolverine Newsletter
September 12, 2023
Mark your calendar
September 12 - Orient PTC at East Orient Elementary School starting at 6:30 PM
September 17 - Outdoor School Open House 4:00-6:00 PM
September 22 - Fall Picture Day
September 24-29 - 6th graders at Outdoor School (see below for locations and details)
September 29 - Standards and Assessment Day - No school for students
A few reminders for families
- If your student has medication needs during the school day, an adult is required to bring in the medication in the original container. Students may not transport medication themselves.
- Bus riders, please be outside and ready for the bus ten minutes prior to pick up time. Delays in arrival home should be expected for the first few weeks.
- If your student plans to ride home on a different bus, please send a note with your student. The note must be turned in at the front office for approval.
- Please make sure your student has money deposited in their lunch account. Free and reduced applications are available online or in our office. Breakfast is free for all students.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle and a snack to school each day.
- School supplies will be provided to students the first week of school.
Picture Day - September 22nd
Families have the opportunity to purchase a variety of items from Lifetouch. Picture packets will be sent home this week so please be sure to ask your student for them!
Looking for Donations for PAWS Store
If you are able, please purchase any of the items below and drop them by the office:
- Goldfish - individual bags
- Gatorade - small size
- Croc Charms
- Granola bars
- Jolly ranchers
- Small chocolates (kisses)
- Takis - individual bags
Thank you for all the ways you support us at West Orient!
Barlow Football Games and More
Reminder for attending Gresham-Barlow High School Sporting Events
Also, no bikes, skateboards, balls, backpacks or outside food and beverages will be allowed into the stadium.
Parent Teacher Club (PTC)
Tuesday, September 12th
6th Grade Outdoor School
Mark your calendars
Open House - September 17th
More specific information can be found by following this link: Family Open House Sept 2023
Health Guidelines and Reminders
Lunch Account Information
You can find more information, including a QR Code for easy access to the Mealtime portal, by following this link: Mealtime
Free and Reduced Lunch applications must be completed each year. Here is the link to the online forms: Free and Reduced lunch application