Updates on Virtual Learning
Labor Day Version 2020
Lincoln Elementary (K-5)
Administrative Assistant: Rebecca Gartmann
Address: 720 S. 6th Avenue
Wausau, WI. 54401
Wow! Some great news this year...we've had a few different persons join our wonderful Lincoln staff. You may have met them at your child's conference. If not, please note the following new staff for the 2020-21 School Year:
- Rebecca Gartmann - administrative assistant (replacing Julee Pelot who has retired after 30 years) - she will be the new voice on the other end of the phone...tomorrow will be her first day in the district! Welcome Rebecca!
- Lorie Lehman - SPED teacher for the medically fragile
- Nicole Yunk - SPED teacher for emotional and behavioral disorders (replacing Alisa Lor who has chosen to be a stay-at-home mommy)
- Tom Xiong - EL translator (replacing Bor Her who has resigned)
- Grace Hardinger - SPED para (replacing Nicole Yunk who has moved into the lead teacher postion)
- Jennifer Wirt - SPED para (replacing Patrick Richardson who moved to John Muir)
Please remember our PPF - BE POSITIVE, BE PATIENT, and BE FLEXIBLE. We are all doing our best with all the new pieces in place. Following are some "to dos" to help you get ready for a successful school year.
Yours in partnership
Colleen Whooley Jepson, Principal
- Plug in your ipad tonight so that it's ready to go in the morning.
- School starts at 8:30 with the tardy bell at 8:35.
- School ends at 3:30.
- School runs Monday thru Thursday. Friday is a day to catch up on any missing work and is time for teachers to plan for the next week.
- Students are expected to join their google meets and remain in the google meets with their video on so that teachers can mark them present. (Please see google meet expectations below).
- Parents...if you have not downloaded the seesaw family app, it is very important that you do so before tomorrow so that teachers may reach out to you. You cannot reach out to teachers until they have connected with you...but we have a number of families who have not yet downloaded the family app.
Google Meet Expectations
Gather your materials before the meet
Find a quiet place with no distractions
Be on time
Remember that this google meet is a class meeting. We would ask siblings, parents, and pets to avoid taking part of the class meeting as it may disrupt the flow of the meeting.
Use the chat responsibly (to ask questions about the topic or to ask to speak)
Mute your mic when you are not talking
Raise your hand to talk
Look at the speaker
Focus on the conversation; don’t do anything else
Sit in a chair or criss cross on the floor as you would in class.
Set up the ipad so that the teacher and your classmates can see your face
Think before you talk
Use your manners
Ask and answer questions related to the topic
Take turns when speaking
Nod or give a thumbs up to show you are listening
We want to stay connected with you!
Don't forget to download the parent/family app or sign up on any computer by following the following steps:
Tap 'Create Family Account' and scan the QR code on the handout that your teacher passed out. Make sure it says your child's name at the top.
Create your account to see your child's journal! Make sure to allow notifications to get real-time updates about new posts.
Have more than one child?
Using the QR Code:
Sign in to your family account.
Tap your profile icon (top left).
Tap “+ Add Child's Journal”.
Scan the QR code for your other child.
Using the Sign Up Link:
Follow the link on the handout or email.
Choose your child from the list.
Click the "Sign in" tab, instead of creating a new account.
Sign in to your account.
Your child's teacher will need to approve your connection, and once they do, you'll see all updates.
Following are some great video directions for SeeSaw
All of the above directions were taken from the seesaw website.
Pupil Services Team
Mrs. Karpinsky - Social Worker
Ms. Poncek - School Counselor
Mrs. Reimann - School Psychologist
Ms. Cumberland - Music
Mrs. Duesselmann - Science
Mrs. Gilbertson -- Library
Mrs. Jaglinski - Gifted/Talented
Ms. Lindberg - Art
Mrs. MickBeversdorf (aka Mrs. B) - Phy Ed
Ms. Poncek - Guidance
Regular Education Teachers
Mrs. Giese - Kindergarten
Mrs. Peterson - Kindergarten
Mrs. Cegielski - 1st grade
Mrs. Giebel - 1st grade
Mrs. Tiffany Hessil - 2nd grade
Mrs. Thao - 2nd grade
Mrs. Gast - 3rd grade
Miss McKellips - 3rd grade
Mr. Hagedorn - 4th grade
Mrs. Zoch - 4th grade
Mrs. Kramar - 5th grade
Mr. Niemeyer - 5th grade
Special Education Teachers
Mrs. Dahnke - Occupational Therapist
Mrs. Reiche - Speech/Language
Ms. Lehman - multicategorical (works mainly with medically fragile students)
Mr. Nygaard - multicategorical (works mainly with grades 4-5)
Miss Vils - multicategorical (works mainly with grades K-3)
Ms. Xiong - adaptive physical education
Miss Yunk - multicategorical (works mainly with students with emotional/behavioral disabilites)
English Learner/Bilingual Teachers
Ms. Deuitch - cafeteria
Mrs. DeValk - lead cafeteria
Mrs. Dreikosen - G2M coordinator
Mrs. Fortenberry - Special Education
Miss Hardinger - Special Education
Mrs. Lenz - Title
Ms. Mletzko. (aka Ms. Roxann)- Bilingual
Ms. Taylor - Health room
Mrs. Wirt - Special Education
Ms. Wollenzein (aka Ms. Brea) - Special Education
Mrs. Yang - English Learners
Mr. Xiong - English Learners
Miss Zahrt - Special Education
Mr. John - night custodian
Ms. Cindy - night custodian
Mr. Jeff- lead custodian
Mrs. Whooley Jepson (many students/families just refer to me as Mrs. Jepson)