Welcome Back, HSAG Family!
Harmony Science Academy Garland
Sofieh Hopovac- Campus Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timothy Clark- Dean of Students: email@example.com
Heather Gregory- Engagement/Testing/Federal Programs- firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyla McDade- Special Education- email@example.com
Tamara Yarborough- ESL- firstname.lastname@example.orgMilada Medinic-Kazazic- Gifted and Talented Education: email@example.com
Brittany Thomas-Student Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Gonzalez- Business Manager- email@example.com
HSAG TARDY POLICY
Tardiness interrupts instructional time. Students should be inside the classroom by the school’s announced start time. If a student is more than 20 minutes late to class, he/she will be counted absent for the period. Since Harmony does not provide transportation for students, it is your responsibility to get your child to school by 7:30 am. Students will be marked tardy starting at 7:35 am. If you drop your child off at 7:40 am, or later, you will have to sign your child in at the front office.
The school’s tardy policy has been developed to emphasize the importance of each student arriving on time to school every day and remaining in the classroom for the entire period. Learning personal responsibility by arriving at school and class on time is an integral part of the school’s standard of excellence, which helps prepare students for success.”
Parents who bring their children to school after the 1st-period tardy bell rings must park their car, enter the building and sign their child in at the front office.
Timothy Clark, Dean of Student Culture
10 -31 PTO Membership Drive
18 - In-N-Out Burger hosted by HSI Garland
19 - Panda Express Fundraiser (see flyer below)
22 - Deadline order a 22-23 Spirit Shirt
24 - Ice Cream Social
25 - Fall Picture Day (Uniform dress - ID Picture will be taken)
30 - Palio's Fundraiser Night (see flyer below)
Stay tuned for our first Coffee and Conversation!!
Do you still need to order a spirit shirt??
*Shirts are $15 each
*These shirts are similar to our previous spirit shirts and may run small, so please order sizes accordingly.
PLEASE SIZE UP ON YOUTH SIZES----------
*Please carefully fill out name and size for each child/adult that you are ordering for.
*Spirit shirts can be worn on Fridays with jeans.
*use this link to pay after filling out the order form with size information: https://harmonytx.revtrak.net/gr-dfw/harmony-science-academy-garland/harmony-science-academy-garland-misc-/#/v/22-23-spirit-shirt
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In-N-Out Burger at HSI Garland!
Time: 4:00-6:00 pm
In-N-Out burger will be at HSI Garland.
Tickets are only $5.
Tickets must be purchased through Revtrack by August 16th.
Pick up tickets at the HSI Garland front office.
They hope to see us there! :)
HARMONY AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
The fee is $90 per club per semester.
Sign Up Here: https://forms.gle/AZ1LsCgc19pWTUTU7
We are looking for room parents.....
What does a room parent do?
A room parent (also known as a class parent) facilitates communication between parents and the teacher, school administration, and/or parent-teacher organization (PTO), and supports the teacher in needs that may arise. The responsibilities of a room parent vary from school to school, from teacher to teacher and grade to grade.
The classroom facilitation you provide as a room parent can take many different forms and can require anything from a minor volunteer commitment shared with other parents to a large responsibility
If you are considering becoming a class parent, these are some things a room parent may be asked to do:
- Meet with the teacher to discuss the role he or she would like the room parent to play.
- Send home a letter with children in order to collect the names and phone numbers of all the parents in the class. Some schools may provide this information.
- Attend and/or organize activities for “Back-to-School Night.”
- Post events to a classroom blog or website.
- Recruit other parents to help in the duty of room parents, e.g., start a telephone chain or maintain an email database. (Finding a co-room parent can make the job a lot easier!)
- Meet with other room parents and/or the school’s room parent organizer on a regular or occasional basis.
- Attend all or most of the meetings of the school’s PTO meetings.
- Organize class parties and enrichment opportunities. This may include planning, shopping for, and hosting the event.
- Call or email parents to obtain donations of supplies for the classroom and/or events (i.e., boxes of tissues the classroom or cupcakes for class parties).
- Collect donations for and purchase gifts for the teacher for special occasions. These might include holidays (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and/or Teacher Appreciation Day), his or her birthday, the end of the school year and other special events such as a baby or wedding shower, get well, etc.
- Call or email parents to line up chaperones for field trips
- Find volunteers to help in the classroom, if needed.
- Send out reminders—via email, phone or notes that go home with the kids—about upcoming events, meetings, field trips, fundraising, and needs for donations or volunteers.
- Act as a resource by answering questions for parents new to the school or class.
- Solicit donations for the school or class from local businesses or other people besides the parents of kids in the class.
Sign up here:
SHORT MESSAGE FROM OUR CAMPUS CNA:
HSA Garland Families, Welcome to a new school year !
If you haven't already done so, take a look at our District Wellness Plan & I encourage you to complete a NSLP Application (Meal Application) to determine eligibility for free/reduced meals for this new school year.
Every family who completes an application, their student will receive a free dress pass.
If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition Assistant Ms. Reyes at email@example.com
Thank You & Sincerely,
Elva L. Reyes | Child Nutrition Assistant
Hello Harmony families!
The school year is in full swing, and as your principal, I’d like to thank you again for the wonderful privilege of educating your student.
In Harmony’s continued effort to build stronger relationships between our campus and your family, I encourage you to take advantage of our Home Visit program.
Harmony’s home visit program is nearly as old as the school system itself, beginning in 2001, just one year after the first campus opened its doors. If you volunteer for this service, your student’s teacher will come by your home on an evening of your choosing to provide you with educational resources and answer any questions.
Harmony’s teachers and staff have seen home visits improve the communication between families and their campus. Students realize their parents and teachers are working together for their benefit, often resulting in improved classroom behavior and academic success.
Harmony teachers visit more than 7,000 homes each year, and we want to make sure your student receives this helpful tool. To receive your own home visit, please fill out this form below. Please sign up before Aug. 10 and your name will go into a drawing for a book basket. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students are expected to arrive in proper school uniforms every day, display modesty and neatness, and take pride in their uniforms. (If you have not been able purchase uniforms due to stocking issue, a red or blue polo will be accepted until shirts are restocked)
Link to uniform store: https://www.frenchtoast.com/schoolbox/schools/harmony-science-academy-garland-QS61UBI
· Extreme hairstyles (Mohawk/Fauxhawk/Designs Cut and extreme unnatural colors) are not permitted.
· Hair Accessories such as beads, barrettes, and thread wrapped around braids are acceptable.
· Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
· All students must wear the Harmony School uniform shirt. This shirt must be purchased from the school and may not be substituted with a plain polo shirt or any other type of shirt.
· Properly fitting navy blue, black, or khaki pants/slacks.
Torn pants or pants with holes are not allowed. This includes pants with fabric under the holes.
· Properly fitting navy blue or khaki shorts or skorts.
· Shorts and skorts must be to the knee or longer.
· Pants/Slacks may NOT be: · Jeans · Cargo-style pants/shorts · Yoga pants, joggers, jeggings, leggings, and/or spandex.
Black or dark blue fitted belt (3rd-6th grade only).
· Shoes may not be: · Sandals, mules, “Uggs,” high heels, boots or Crocs · Heelies (shoes with wheels) · Illuminated or light up.
- cardigans are permitted, the color of navy, red, white, grey or black. Harmony jackets or a solid colored jacket -- can not have a hood.
· Outwear, such as “hoodies” (any clothing item with a hood), pullovers, or sweatshirts, are not permitted to be worn inside the building. These items must be stored in the student’s locker.
· If a student arrives at school out of uniform or is groomed inappropriately, the student’s parents will be called to bring a change of clothes. The student will not be allowed to attend class until he or she is appropriately dressed.
Morning Drop Off
We will open the doors at 7:00 am. Parents will only be allowed to walk their child to class the first three days of school. Please park in the front parking lot if you choose to do so. Starting Monday, August 15th, parents will only be able to drop off their child in the line. Please do not exit your vehicle as this causes a delay in drop off. There will be staff available to welcome your child and assist them in the building.
*No parking on the streets
Proof of Residency
It is that time of year again. If you have not submitted your proof of residency, it needs to be updated each year. Please log into Skyward and upload the utility bill as soon as possible.
Emergency Phone Number
You can also reach Mrs. Hopovac at (972) 245-9583 (texting works best!)