April 14, 2023
The Great Utah ShakeOut
The next statewide Utah ShakeOut will be on April 20, 2023 at 10:15 am, when a million Utahns will participate in earthquake drills at work, school, or home, practicing earthquake safety and other aspects of their emergency plans.
JHCS will participate in this drill. Talk to your child before and after the drill about your family's Earthquake plan.
- Students may wear modest street clothes because they will be cleaning and planting flowers
- Parent volunteers are welcome to come help - check with your child's teacher about the time their class will be beautifying our campus.
Social Leadership Ball - 5th to 8th Grade Students
The Social Leadership Ball is Friday, April 21st.
- Semi-formal to formal dress code
- 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- Parents Waltz starts at 9:30 pm
- Bella Vista Reception Hall - 275 W 200 N #300, Lindon, UT 84042
Have you registered your student for the fall?
Aspire Online Procedures for the New School Year
1. Please go to: https://jhancock.usoe-dcs.org
2. Click on the bottom box that says Register Student for Enrollment.
3. Now you will see a window with four boxes – please click on the box that says:
I have an Aspire account.
4. Log in with your login and password.
5. Be sure to click on your student(s) (one at a time). Verify the correct grade for the fall school year is displayed.
6. Now click on each blue item, read, fill out as needed, review and sign where appropriate. Please input emails, phone numbers, addresses and emergency contacts. This is how we keep in touch with you.
WELCOME to an Awesome School Year at
John Hancock Charter School!
Call Liz Hales at 801-796-5646 if you forgot your user name and/or password.
Changes to the Uniform Policy for the Fall of 23
You can download a detailed uniform policy from the school’s website.
Beginning in the fall of 2023 - No more Monday or Field Trip Dress Uniform. Shirts no longer must be tucked in, but they must fit appropriately.
Tops- Polo shirts, white button-down shirts, or turtlenecks are permitted. A girl-cut polo is permitted. Heather Gray has been added as an option for the fall of 23 in addition to navy, white and red polo shirts.
School t-shirts are allowed on Fridays (can be purchased from the PTO at the beginning of the school year).
Bottoms- Navy blue or uniform khaki shorts or pants, or jogger pants. (no cargo pockets). Girls can wear skirts and jumpers in navy blue, khaki, or the Marymount plaid or polo dresses in red or navy blue.
Ties should be navy blue or red. Girls may wear crossover ties. Shoes should be conservative in style (no lights, wheelies, or characters) and closed-toed. Athletic shoes are required for PE.
Socks should be uniform or neutral colors, ankle or knee-length. Girls may wear opaque tights or ankle-length leggings in navy blue or white with skirts or jumpers. Socks, tights, or leggings must be worn.
Nylons are not uniform wear.
Hair accessories should also be uniform colors or neutral.
A solid navy blue cardigan sweater, a solid navy blue fleece, or a school-purchased sweatshirt may be worn inside the building for warmth.
Outerwear - any type of jacket/coat is allowed outside to keep warm.
Next Year's Calendar is Available
Changes to our Articulation Agreement with Maeser Prep Academy
If you have any questions you may call the school at 801-796-5646.