Dark Energy and Dark Matter
- It is made of one or more species of sub-atomic particles
- Does not interact well with normal matter
- Dark energy speeds the expansion of the universe
- Dark matter helps hold galaxies together
- 70% of the universe is dark energy
- 25% is dark matter
- First discovered in the 1930's
- Link to NASA Science: http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy/
First to discover dark energy/matter in 1932. He was a Dutch astronomer.
First to use the term "dark matter". He was a Swiss astronomer.
This picture shows how the universe is still expanding due to dark energy