Parent Teacher Conferences
November 10th and 12th
Havel Fall Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, November 10 2020 @ 5:00-8:00 PM
November 12, 2020 @ 1:00 – 4:00 PM & 5:00-8:00 PM
It may be hard to believe, but we are near the end of our first card marking period. Since the start of school, we have worked together to navigate some of the challenges of our environment but also celebrate real successes of the connections being made between teachers and our students. It is now our opportunity to schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences. Conferences are an important part of our partnership to make sure students are meeting our shared expectations.
This year, we will be piloting a web-based process to schedule and virtually meet with your child’s teachers about their progress. The system we are using is called Conference Manager and will allow you to check our teachers’ conference schedules and book an appointment on-line. You will use the same system for you and your student’s teacher to have a virtual conversation about academic progress.
The first time you use the Conference Manager you will be required to register and create a parent account. This only takes a minute or two. You will continue to use this same account for the duration of the time you have children in the school, so please record your password where you can reference it later.
Please note while you can register at any time, the appointment window will not open until 7 p.m. on October 29, 2020. The appointment window will close on November 9, 2020 at 7 p.m.
To create an account, please use the following steps (a tutorial is available at this link):
1. Go to the following website https://utica.schoolsoft.com
2. Register for a parent account. To register click the REGISTER NOW button and complete the registration page. Once registered you will be able to immediately log in to the Conference Manager. An email will also be sent to the address you specified. This email restates your username and password and should be saved, as you will use the same username and password when booking future rounds of Parent-Teacher Conferences. If you forget your password, you can reset it using the FORGOT PASSWORD link under the login button.
When registering, if you have multiple students, you should enter all of them at the same time.
Once registered you can log in to the Conference Manager any time.
3. Click the BOOK NOW button and select a conference date in the date drop-down that appears. Then, select the teacher(s) you wish to meet with and click the NEXT button. To coordinate bookings involving multiple teachers select all the teachers applicable to your child(ren) with whom you wish to meet.
4. Click on an available time slot for each teacher you selected and complete the booking form that appears. You should see the booking appear in the summary list on the right-hand side of the screen. A confirmation email is sent for each booking you made or subsequently cancel. You will also receive a reminder and conference itinerary by email.
5. Confirm your appointments have been booked by looking at the “CURRENTLY BOOKED CONFERENCES” box on the right of the screen or click on the MY CONFERENCES tab. Only appointments that appear in the CURRENTLY BOOKED CONFERENCES box or on the MY CONFERENCES page are confirmed bookings.
6. When finished booking, click the log off button located at the top right of the browser window. You will have the opportunity to provide feedback regarding the use of the Conference Manager to the school administration through a user survey before completely exiting. We appreciate you completing the survey as this helps guide our decision-making regarding how conferences are booked in the future.
7. Just prior to your scheduled conference time, you will receive a link to your video conference. At the appropriate time, click on the link and the teacher will admit you to the room. Please note, our conferences are scheduled for 15 minutes per student.
If you are unable to book your own appointment using this system, please contact your child's teacher.
Thank you for working with us as we manage what seem like constant changes! I remain grateful to work for and with such an incredible community.