April 11-Get Whitt It!
Class list planning
- SPED (all sections) are building "groups" of Ss that need to be together
- We'll make a physical CARD with their basics.
- We'll give you teh cards and the balancing sheet.
- Teachers will build classes, keeping in mind the balancing sheet.
- Teachers will enter each class into a google sheet.
- AT and Mp will assign teachers to classes. (Before you leave in May.)
- Ta da!
We will not meet as a PLC on May 8, 15, 22nd, due to #allthethngs. We know you have a LOT on your plate in MAy!
More STAAR...Sigh :)
We will review math and reading STAAR stuff in PLC on 4/24. Please come ready to talk groups. Please bring your spreadsheet of accommodations for your kids so you can double check my master list. Also come ready to discuss if you have anything you recommend we tweak for the next round!
Team leads, please give me your feedback for consumables at PLC on 4/17! :)
4th (and maybe 3rd) Grade Teachers:
We will have some visiting 4th grade teachers from Royse City on 4/18 that want to come see you in action! I think they are primarily coming to see ELAR, but I make no promises they won't stop in and see math, too! Thank you for letting them come over and learn from you guys! I told them they can pop in some 3rd grade rooms too, if time allows!
Notes from Patricia & Patty
4/17 Day of Gratitude
Here are your plans for DOG. They'll be in your box along with materials by April 5. This is a short, 30-minute collection of one video and two exercises. If you've any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to let me know!
Notes from the Nurse
- Woo hoo, writing STAAR is DONE! From that awesome author celebration to ALL the hard work on Tuesday...GREAT JOB SN, KS, AW and TL!!
- Patricia, kinder roundup is a well-oiled MACHINE..thanks for all you do to keep that machine on track!
- Janet Richardson will be moving to 2nd grade next year...she handled her news like a CHAMP! (She be the ELA to Mrs. Patsy's M/S!)
- Aldrich received word that we'll need her to move on down to the 1st-grade hallway, and she ALSO took her news like a champ!!
- Amy Riley, thank you for all your hard work and time invested in #allthingsart!! AND you gave STAAR!! We are lucky to have you!
- Kristi Williams for doing what you do to get all these kiddos tested for GT!!
Was going to give Morgan a shout out, but I think SF said it better than I could!!
We are getting new carpet this summer! To make it easier on the carpet people, we will need to have all of our things up off of the floor (except furniture) when we leave on May 24th. If you have books on a bookshelf, please box them up and put them on your back counter. Also, there shouldn’t be anything hanging on the walls lower than 3 feet from the carpet. If you have personal furniture (bookshelves, other shelving systems) they will either be moved to your counter, or to the cafeteria. Please make sure that you label them with your room number so that they get back to you! If you have any extra special personal items, it might be a good idea to take them home for the summer so that they stay safe. We are lucky that they are doing this during the summer – some places have to pack up and move during the school year! Can you even imagine?!?
15 Counselor interviews
16 Dennis Lee; Tiffany Leech's Baby Shower! 3pm, PTA General Meeting; First Grade Program
17 Staff meeting 3pm; Day of Gratitude
18 Kinder Field Trip; 4th grade teachers from Royse City coming to visit our awesomeness! SPED data day
19 No School!
22 No School!
23 AT out morning ESC; MP out afternoon ESC
Sub Appreciation breakfast, AT and PM out
25 MP out AP Meeting, Parent think tank
26 GT Assessments end; Leadership Retreat
MAY (are you even kidding me right now...)
1 Last day for PO's
3 Wolf Howl
4 Whitt Golf Tournament
Teacher Appreciation Week, 5-10
7 PTA board meeting, talent show tryouts,
8 RTI Marathon ILO PLC's
9 Breakfast with moms
10 MAP EOY Window Closes
11 WILL MCKENNA GRADUATES!!
13 STAAR Math, 3-4
14 STAAR Reading, 3-4
15 Volunteer luncheon
16 PTA luncheon ATout @ESCDay performance talent show, Senior reception, PM talent show
17 Field Day, Senior Walk
20 3-4 Shenanigans trip, school board meeting
21 Book worm party, K-2 readers
22 Splash Day
23 Student celebrations, last day!