The Eagle Review - June 22
New Life Academy of Excellence June 2022 Newsletter
School Hours of Operation
School Office Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Regular School Hours:
School Hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Carpool AM: 7:30 am - 8:00 am
Carpool PM: 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
School Office Hours: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Kindergarten Diploma Pick-up Until Friday, June 10, 2022
Medicine Pick-Up until Friday June 10, 2022
Back to School 2022-2023
School is starting soon....
Welcome to the June 2022 Newsletter which will serve as your official communication for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
We are so excited to meet our new students and to greet our returning students to our school year. We have made it through some unique experiences over the past three school years and are excited to have each and every one of you here with us.
Please read through the information listed in this newsletter. There is so much to share and we wouldn't want you to miss any of it. Please continue to check your email and our website for additional information that will be shared throughout the next few weeks.
We hope that you are enjoying your much deserved summer break!
New & Returning Student Orientation
Meet Your Teacher Day - Monday, August 1, 2022
Kindergarten, 1st Grade, & 6th Grade Meet Your Teacher Day
Monday, August 1, 2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 7th Grade, & 8th Grade Meet Your Teacher Day
Monday, August 1, 2022
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Staggered In-Person Start Dates
New Life Academy of Excellence in conjunction with Gwinnett County Public Schools will start the school year on a staggered In-Person start schedule. Those students who will not start on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, will have digital assignments until their In-Person start date. More information to come.
First Days of School
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
First Day for Kindergarten, 1st Grade & 6th Grade
First Day of School - In Person ( K,1, & 6) with digital learning for all others.
Thursday, August 4, 2022
First Day for 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, & 8th Grade
First Day of School - In Person ( 2,3,4,5,7, & 8)
The goal of the uniform policy is consistency. Uniform items can be purchased from our vendors.
Uniform Source Location:
2141 Cobb Pkwy NW
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Sandy Springs Plaza
6311 Roswell Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
NLAE Dress Code:
Kindergarten thru 5th Grade Uniform
- Plaid Jumper (Style 194, Plaid #91) – worn with Peter Pan blouse only
- Plaid Full-Wrap Skort (Plaid #91) – worn with pique or knit polo only
- Peter Pan Blouse, White, Long Sleeve and Short Sleeve, with logo – worn with jumper only
- Pique or Knit Polo, White or burgundy, Long Sleeve and Short Sleeve, with logo – worn with skort only
- Crew Neck Button Down Cardigan, Burgundy (optional), with logo
- Socks/Tights – Burgundy or White – solid color only (no prints or designs)
- Windbreaker Jacket, Burgundy, with logo (optional – pre-sold)
- Pique Polo Shirt with Knit Collar, White or burgundy, Long Sleeve and Short Sleeve, with logo – worn with Khaki Short or Pant
- V-neck Button Down Cardigan Sweater, Burgundy, with logo (optional)
- Vest Pullover Sweater, Burgundy, with logo (optional)
- Windbreaker Jacket, Burgundy, with logo (optional – pre-sold)
- Pleated Double-Knee Pant, Khaki, with logo
- Pleated Short, Khaki, with logo
- Belt – Black
- Socks – Black
- Shoes – Black with Rubber Soles (no sneakers, boots or Heelys)
6th - 8th Grade Uniform
- Oxford Shirt, White, short sleeve or long sleeve
- Plaid Full Wrap Skort (Plaid #91) or Plaid skirt(Plaid #91)
- Blazer, Burgundy
- Cross Tie (Plaid #91)
- Knee socks, white or burgundy
- Shoes- Black with rubber soles (No open toes, sneakers, boots or Heelys)
- Oxford Shirt, white
- Pleated or Flat front Double-Knee Pant, Khaki, with logo
- Pleated or Flat front shorts, Khaki, with logo
- Blazer, Burgundy
- Tie (Plaid #91)
- Shoes- Black with rubber soles (No sneakers, boots or Heelys)
P.E. Uniform (All)
- P.E. T-shirt
- Burgundy P.E. Shorts
- Heather Grey P.E. sweatpants
- Heather Grey P.E. sweatshirt (optional)
- Socks- All white or all black
- Shoes- All white or All black sneakers
Link to our website where vendor and dress code information can be found.
New Life Academy of Excellence School Supply List 2022-2023
This school supply list reflects the basic needs of each student at New Life Academy of Excellence. At times, teachers may request additional items for classroom needs.
In addition to this list student may require the following:
- Binder or Organization system
- Book bag - That will fit in a standard locker. May also have wheels.
- Pencil cases - Nothing large or bulky.
- Water bottle - Please label.
The school will provide:
An agenda for each student that will serve as a daily communication to parents/guardians.
We look forward to your return.
The New Life Academy of Excellence Faculty
1st Day School Supplies Optional Service - Order by July 1st
I know it's hard to think about school supply shopping, especially right now. I wanted to deliver some good news. That is why I am so excited to announce a our continued partnership with 1st Day School Supplies!
This year, 1st Day School Supplies is going to help parents and teachers get the exact supplies needed for next school year without the RISK of shopping at WalMart, Target or Staples.
I have personally found 1st Day School Supplies to be convenient, easy and hassle free! Plus, they have guaranteed competitive prices on the highest quality brands including the germ fighting brands like Purell and Clorox. So, with all the uncertainty this summer will bring, why not check school supply shopping off your list. As for me and my family, I will have already purchased my school supplies from the comfort of my home! You can make your purchase right now, get started by clicking the link below:
All orders are shipped directly to your home! All orders are due by July 1, 2022
Don't forget to get your Chinese Language Kit as well!
**Please note that some items such as headphones and Required Books, that are on the NLAE school supply lists are not included in these kits.
1st Day School Supplies is a copy which will package your child's school supplies and mail to your home. This is an optional service.
2022-2023 School Nutrition Lunch Application will be available July 1, 2022
We are not affiliated, nor do we endorse any particular company.
Who is the SWCC?
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome each of you and your families to New Life Academy of Excellence (NLAE). As the School Wide Community Council (SWCC) Team members, it is our responsibility to talk with you about getting involved in the school. But first, since this is the first time at NLAE for many of you, we think that it is important to explain what the SWCC is all about.
A school organization that supports the unifying of students, parents, teachers, administrators, and community partners that help build up the school community.
“It takes a village to raise a child.” - Unknown
Goals / Purpose
• Increase student achievement
• Tutoring opportunities
• Community Resources
• Technology Camps
• Meaningful fundraising to support student achievement and engagement
Events For The School Year
Two School-Wide Fundraisers
• One per Semester
Four Fun-filled Events for the School Families and Community
• Fall Festival/International Festival
• Spring Fling and Carnival
• Annual Field Day
• Teacher Appreciation
We hope that you can find the time to become an active and involved member of our school community. Studies have shown that when parents get involved in their children’s education, grades go up, test scores increase, there are fewer discipline problems and children are more likely to succeed in their future academic endeavors. Parents/guardians are welcome to attend our SWCC meeting on meeting dates, which can help them understand the role of SWCC in supporting the school. Please look for more information in the fall to get involved.
Update Contact Information
Summer School Information - Current Students
Summer Reading Challenge
Dive into reading this summer with our 2022 Summer Reading Challenge.
Our Summer Reading Challenge is for readers of all ages.
The theme this year is Oceans of Possibilities, so you can expect fun, ocean-themed programs all Summer long!
Here is everything you need to know to participate:
Challenge Dates: May 15th – Aug. 15th (Pre-registration begins on May 1st)
How to Participate: Create or log into an existing Beanstack account here, register for GCPL’s Summer Reading Challenge, and earn prizes by reading and completing activities.
Check out the Beanstack App! Tracking your challenge progress is easier than ever with the Beanstack app. Find it in the App Store and the Google Play Store and keep up-to-date with library fun all summer long.
Make Summer Magical: Gwinnett’s favorite magician, Ken Scott, will be performing at each branch this summer from July 18-27. See our events calendar to find out when he will be at a branch near you.
Track Your Reading: Earn Book Badges by logging the books your child reads this summer On Beanstack. Every book counts, even if it’s the same one over and over!
Activities and Events: Find fun storytime events for your little ones all summer. We have in-branch as well as virtual options, and even a few storytimes at the Splash Pads at Graves and E.E. Robinson county parks.
Prizes: To earn books and entries into our Grand Prize drawing, all you need to do is log the books you read.
- Log 25 Books: Win a free book!
- Log 50 Books: Win a second free book!
- Log 75 Books: Win a third free book and one entry into the Grand Prize drawing!
- Log 100 Books: Win a fourth free book and an additional entry into the Grand Prize drawing!
Grand Prize! Be entered in a drawing to win an annual pass for a family of four to the Georgia Aquarium.
How It Works: Earn points, win prizes!
Earning Points: Log the time you spend reading this summer. Every minute you read earns you a point (1 minute = 1 point). To achieve your goal a bit faster, explore our Activity Badges where you can earn even more points for learning, doing, and exploring!
Activities and Events: Learn more about ocean animals, pirates, surfing, and more by completing virtual Activity Badges. Check Beanstack to find our badges and see if you can collect them all!
Puppet Shows! Attend our kick-off puppet shows featuring ocean-themed stories. Our puppets will be visiting all branches from June 3rd – June 8th.
Check our events calendar to find out when we will be swimming into your neighborhood.
Crafts: Pick up a free Take & Make supply kit to make some ocean-themed bookmarks at home. Available July 11- 17 at a branch near you, while supplies last. Limit 5 per family. (All ages.)
Prizes: To earn books and entries into our Grand Prize drawings, all you need to do is log the minutes you spend reading.
- 350 Points: Win a free book if you are 18 and under.
- 700 Points: Win a second free book if you are 18 and under.
- 1400 Points: Win a third free book if you are 18 and under. Everyone gets one entry into our Grand Prize drawing!
- 3200 Points: Win a fourth free book if you are 18 and under. Everyone gets another entry into our Grand Prize drawing!
- Every 300 additional points beyond 3200 earns you another entry into the Grand Prize drawing! (Max 5 entries per participant)
Grand Prize! Grand Prize winners will receive an annual membership for a family of four to the Georgia Aquarium!
Gwinnett County Public Library 2022 Summer Reading Challenge
Farewell 8th Grade Class of 2022
Please make sure you have done the following to ensure a smooth transition into high school:
- First, contact your child's new school. Make sure you find out what they need from NLAE.
- Contact New Life Academy if you need records.
- Request any money that is left on the Cafeteria Account in MyPayments Plus. (Form attached below.) Transfers to siblings may also be done on this form.
What you need to know if attending a GCPS school:
- New Life Academy of Excellence is a part of the Gwinnett County Public School System. Your child's student ID is the same number. It will not change.
- Our MyPayments Plus account is not synced to GCPS. You will need to add your child under "Gwinnett County Public Schools" You will not be able to add funds until the week before school starts.
- If you have any questions. Please feel free to contact NLAE.
We will truly miss you!
Only complete this form if you are withdrawing from the school, your child has recently graduated, or you need to transfer funds to another child in your family.